Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Empty
PostSubject: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 3:12 pm

MAL Page

This currently airing seinen targeted thing is advertised as a moe slice of life show, but it's actually a magical girl show where young girls enter weird dimensions and battle monsters.

And of course the viewers are noting many Madoka similarities, which of course brings the usual "When is X character gonna die?" question. Hopefully this doesn't turn out to be another Daybreak Illusion.

One of the things that people are most pleased with is the fact that one of the main characters is disabled, and doesn't lose said disability when she transforms. Instead she "walks" using ribbons that act as tentacle-legs, she's also said to kick major butt, being compared to Homura on numerous occasions. Now if only her transformation didn't come with a gratuitous close-up of gainaxing...

Five episodes in and the show hasn't gone grimdark yet, so maybe there's hope that a male targeted magical girl show can be something other than a grimdark mess or tasteless fanservice affair.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 1:18 am

Have you watched anymore of this? I have seen a lot people who are happy with this show. Is it worth a watch?
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 1:29 am

I never watched any of it. and I never will. I only looked up blog posts, so i can't determine if it's worth it to watch. Just know that it's basically Madoka 2.0, with characters that are more likable. The characters, story and context might be different, but the deception, suffering and girls being sacrificed is all there.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 1:44 am

Someone made a post on tumblr that it gets better as it goes. To be honest I don't care if a show takes elements from a previous show. As long as it they take their own spin on it.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 1:56 am

I just don't want to watch any more shows that try to mislead the viewer and suffocate me with girls crying and suffering. 

One thing that has particularly bothered the viewers is the fact that what was once seen as empowering and good representation (one of the girls being disabled) is now seen as problematic because that disability was the price she paid for using her powers. Her being distinctly more prone to fanservice shots makes it more uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 3:02 pm

RLinksoul wrote:
One thing that has particularly bothered the viewers is the fact that what was once seen as empowering and good representation (one of the girls being disabled) is now seen as problematic because that disability was the price she paid for using her powers. Her being distinctly more prone to fanservice shots makes it more uncomfortable.

Forgive me if I'm just being ignorant,

but that seems a little silly, since paralyzing disabilities happen through accidents all the time in real life - whether or not Togo lost the use of her legs from birth, or from a car accident, or from a god taking it as humanity's payment for their otherworldly assistance - Togo still is a respected person by her school peers and friends. She still has other personality traits aside from her disability. And the disability doesn't hold Togo back from trying to achieve her goals.
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru EmptyMon Dec 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Bunnybell makes a good point. There are many disable people in our world who lose their ability to walk from some tragic event. What would make it wrong as if she got healed and was able to walk again. Kind like Batgirl from Batman. She lost her ability to walk, but was still able to fight crime through other methods. Then DC pulled a oh she's healed so she can walk again!!
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 1:04 am

Watched the first episode. I am in love with this show. To be honest I find this show more misleading than Madoka. In Madoka the viewer sees Madoka's dream which looks grim dark as hell. So I feel like people should have been shock with the first episode than the third...

In Yuuki we get to see the girls daily lives then bam! Fighting!!!!!!!!!!! Haha!! I like it. XD
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 1:38 pm

I hope you enjoy the ride as much as I have Ami! Its certainly a beautiful show so far I think.

One episode to go, airing on Christmas of all days XD 
I really have no idea how they're going to resolve it, but I think its a show capable of resolving in a satisfying way. 

Also, poor Karin ;.;
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru EmptyTue Dec 23, 2014 3:19 pm

It's stunning! I like all the colors in that world they fight in.

I only had a chance to watch the first episode last night. Tonight I'm going to marathon it since I don't have work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 8:16 pm

Currently on episode 4 and I am deeply in love with this show. I love the fight scenes and I love that it has a bit of slice of life too. You get to the see the girls live normal lives when they're not fighting. So when the big things do happen I can actually care about these characters. I also the love the opening theme. It's peaceful and all the pretty flowers!! <3

As for the fanservice. eh? It's not really all your face. There has been a few butt shots and Togo's transformation. However during the girls transformation they are fully dressed the whole time. Plus the butt shots aren't even panty shots. It's just the girls butts. Guys look at girls butts in real life so whatever.  Nyaa
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 8:57 pm

One other thing about Togo's transformation that bothered people is that it looks like it has some kind of bondage thing going on. I can see it, but I can also see it as symbolism representing her breaking free of her supposed limits due to being in a wheelchair.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 9:14 pm

That's the way I view it. The only fanservice thing is the focus on her boobs.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 11:26 pm

OMG EPISODE 5 WAS A DOZY! *.*

On episode 7. I fear for what's to come. I just hope my babies are okay in the end. <3
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 1:48 am

DONE! THIS SHOW RIPPED MY HEART OUT!! So pleased with the ending although I am a bit worried.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru   Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru Empty

Back to top Go down

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magical Girl Cafe  :: Magical Chat :: Fresh Magic-