Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation!   Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 11:19 am

Being in a Magical Girl show doesn't mean you're only important if you have magic. There are a lot of memorable characters in these shows who despite not being gifted with magic, make the experience magical for the viewers.

They often find themselves overshadowed by the magical ones, particularly since those with magic are often the main characters. But at least they don't receive as bad a treatment as non-Saiyans on DBZ.

When I think of memorable characters who don't have magic, one comes to mind right away.

Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! Tumblr_m835hdzEil1rasay6o1_1280

Meilin/g Li of Cardcaptor Sakura.

Fastest turnaround for a character. I went from hating her to loving her IN THE SAME EPISODE, her debut episode. Watching her hold her own against the FIGHT card was just... amazing.

As a character she can be both lovable and grating. I admit I'm not much of a fan of the kissing cousins thing as Japan is, so it's a little difficult for me to root for her. Either way, nothing in this show disappointed me more than having her ejected from the show just so she couldn't interfere in Sakura and Syaoran's progression as a couple. She IS an anime exclusive character after all.

Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! Tumblr_m6q65gYUUd1r0pw3yo2_1280

Nobuko Yokokawa of Ojamajo Doremi

For those who haven't seen this show, she's the one on the left. 

Nobuko is a classmate of the Ojamajos, and probably the most quirky by a long-shot. She typically gets a focus episode around the 8th of every season, and it's usually one of the wackiest in the entire season. Nobuko is a writer who frequently uses the likenesses of herself and those around her in her stories. A running gag is that Doremi always ends up being a dog in them, much to her chagrin.

Nobuko is established as Aiko's best friend, but the former's fondness for the latter seems to go above and beyond that. In the third season when the two end up in different classes, Nobuko slips away to visit Aiko's class, hopping into Aiko's seat with her and hugging her. Onpu, purple Ojamajo, warns Nobuko that she's not going to make any friends if she keeps that up, her response? "That's fine, I only need Ai-chan."

Another little thing that signals us to the idea that Nobuko has a crush on Aiko is that while characters in Nobuko's stories are often BASED on her classmates, Aiko is always 100% accurate to the original, while the stories seem to depict her as the best/coolest character in them. It's touching really, that Nobuko has so much admiration for Aiko that she wouldn't make her a cyborg superhero or a mad scientist. Aiko is awesome exactly the way she is.

Then there was the time Nobuko wrote a high school romance story centered around Aiko and male insert of herself. Yea...

Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! 205vy90

Prince Tio of Fushigiboshi no Futagohime.

The nine year old lion-based prince of the Flame Kingdom is the source of frequent comic mishaps. Starting with episode 12 he frequently shows up to try to assist the main characters, only for it to end badly for him in seconds. Every time the poor kid tries to help his own recklessness usually bites him in the tail.

He's usually resigned to a one episode wonder, showing up just long enough to hilariously screw up, until about episode 26, where he not only becomes a more prominent part of the supporting cast, but also gets a change of voice actress for whatever reason, and it's horrible. For those of you who have seen Ojamajo Doremi, remember the snotty girl with the pigtails, glasses and camera? Yea, that voice. It's ear sandpaper.

Old Voice

New Voice

It's convenient that he does the same pose, same line and everything. Good comparison, not just in the voice, but the way the actress speaks.

Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! Tumblr_ls3emfHOVl1qjcppoo1_r1_500

Tomoyo Daidouji of Cardcaptor Sakura

We're back to CCS and it's no wonder, with the wonderful cast it has. What can really be said about Tomoyo? She's the sweetest, most supporting and selfless friend/cousin anyone could ever have. She's not only willing to let the love of her life be with someone else, but is HAPPY TO, because she knows said love will be happy. That is true selflessness.

She's also one of the few characters who can make a Noblewoman's Laugh NOT annoying.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation!   Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation! EmptySat Jul 12, 2014 11:09 pm

Naru from Sailor Moon is a great supporting character.

There are few scenes in the anime and manga where it hints that she knows Usagi is Sailor Moon. Instead of questioning her friend she supports her with little things. 

However in PGSM I think Naru truly shines. I won't say much because of spoilers.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com

Non-Magical Support Character Appreciation!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1