Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 8:33 pm

I didn't think the filler was boring in the old anime. >.> It fleshed out the other girls. Yeah some of it was dumb, but a good majority really helped the story. Then again I'm a person who enjoys filler.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 10:11 pm

I also think 90s Sailor Moon had some good filler. I especially like that little gap where it was JUST Usagi and Luna solving problems (like that one where she helps the pianist I really like). There's some really memorable stuff in it.  

There's a few things in the 90s anime that really bug me (Mamoru dumping Usagi to "protect her" for example) but overall I really like it (heck, as much as I flirt with other magical girl shows - Sailor Moon's still my all time favorite. I just keep coming back to it.)

The animation in Crystal doesn't really bug me as much as I guess others do - yeah there's some pretty bad shots. but if I care enough about what's going on, the animation isn't going to bother me honestly.
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 10:59 pm

The story bothers me the most in SMC.
Back to top Go down
Chopstickman
Love Interest
Chopstickman
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 155

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 12:59 am

Posting here makes me feel a bit odd. I like Crystal. It seems to be going just fine. The animation doesn't look to be anywhere near as bad as people say it is. Its nothing like the original run when they switched animation styles. Remember how jarring it was when they kept going back and forth between the styles? Crystal is very consistent in that regard. Are some places worse off than others? Of course. Every show has things like that.

Lack of filler has never been a downside to a show; especially one that is purely story driven. The manga was very sparse in terms of action to it's benefit. The lack of action in Crystal is a good thing in my opinion as it means the the lack of stock footage. If you add up intros, transformations, and attacks you could be looking at 5+ minutes of stock footage. Add to that the opening and ending for another 3 minutes on average and there is very little time left for story. 

And, let's face it, the story is why we watch it. Does it feel accelerated? Duh, the manga was too. Why would anyone expect them to slow it down when from the start the people in charge said it was going to follow the manga? This isn't a monster-of-the week kids show, this is a (more or less) serious love story for older female fans (high school and up). If anything we should be getting ready for the real meat of the story to take place as only one character intro episode is left.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 11:11 am

Just because it isn't monster of the week doesn't mean they can't slow down the pace. They can add filler to help build the story and add development to the characters. I want to see the girls form a bond between each other and have Usa's and Mamo's relationship be believable. Sorry but their relationship status right now is Disney like. I really don't find their romance believable. The only version where I like their relationship is in PGSM. 

If they weren't doing the black moon arc then 26 episodes would be prefect to flesh out the story and characters. It would allow the viewer to breath. 

I wish people would stop focusing on the animation. Yes it's bad, but the true flaw of Crystal is the story. The manga was not meant to be translated 100% into anime format. Heck PGSM started out following the manga then it went and did its own thing. 

If they go beyond the first two arcs and keep following things 100% Crystal is going to get really messy. The manga is filled with plot holes. 

Don't feel odd about liking Crystal. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am always happy to hear people say they're enjoying Crystal.  Me however I don't love it and I don't think I ever will.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 1:13 am

ughhhh!!!
I'm nervous about tomorrow's episode. I wonder if they'll screw it up. >.>
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 11:31 am

Just saw it, I really liked it. They also spent alot of time making sure Princess Serenity's reveal was gorgeousss~

But it seemed like a pretty faithful translation of the manga chapter. Complete with the scene where Usagi's hair grows x2. I like the little part where they're all brushing her hair >< its too cute.

I also really like this line alot 
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 Tumblr_necwedPvWr1qfqhaxo1_1280

next chapter, to the moon!
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 12:01 pm

meh. At this point nothing excites me in Crystal anymore. The whole general scene was like remember these guys? They're in this too!!! >.>

Judging by episode's 10 preview I know where all the budget went. I'm okay with badly drawn characters, but Crystal has barely any animation (you know character movement?) Most of the time their characters are just in still frames. I wonder if they're adding movement in the DvDs. 

Also for christ sake when are girls going to be outfits beside their school uniforms!!?
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 8:28 am

Yea. This is why I stopped watching. I don't want to come back here every week just to complain about everything that's wrong with Crystal, and have not much to say about what's interesting about it.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 02, 2014 12:36 pm

The thing is Crystal needed to do its own thing. Copying off the manga is not working. A lot Japanese people are not happy with Crystal. The manga is outdated. By outdated I mean the story is outdated. 

If you like the manga that's good. But I feel like a lot fans think the manga is like the Bible or something holy. The manga is a mess. You really can tell the author was under a time crunch.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 9:54 am

Welp, it's been confirmed
SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 Tumblr_neq0lybMLT1tatv2wo1_1280
Episodes airing in 2015 will cover the Black Moon arc
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 10:18 am

Hopefully by then Crystal will have stepped up its game. I wonder if Chibiusa's voice actress will be someone I'm familiar with.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 12:48 pm

ughhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm probably going to stop watching Crystal after the Classic arc. >.>
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 4:39 pm

Everyone else: Freaking out over the senshi x four villains pairing being canon.

Me: Bummed that this scene wasn't in Crystal.

SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 Tumblr_nf5d767Ozz1tgfqygo1_1280
Back to top Go down
Chopstickman
Love Interest
Chopstickman
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 155

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 7:49 pm

Such a lost opportunity. But personally I'm still reeling over how hideously the weapons are being drawn. The spears last episode were bad, but Endymion's sword hilt in the Shitennou's flashback was a special kind of awful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)    SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)   - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

SMC: Episode Discussion (Beware of spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next