Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
One More Week! Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
One More Week! Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
One More Week! Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
One More Week! Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
One More Week! Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
One More Week! Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
One More Week! Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
One More Week! Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
One More Week! Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
One More Week! Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

One More Week!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

One More Week! Empty
PostSubject: One More Week!   One More Week! EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 10:07 pm

And then the long wait will be over, and we'll get to see the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal.

I'm optimistic, but not really excited. I've never been all that big on Sailor Moon, so this'll be my first real experience in Sailor Moon in anime form. I've seen a few filler episodes and a couple of the movies, but none really interested me.

I'm glad Crunchyroll will be giving the episodes, since I don't have a Nico-whatever account, and I'm certain they'll be subbing it.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

One More Week! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One More Week!   One More Week! EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 11:00 pm

I'm on the same page with you Link. I'm not super hype for it at all. All my hype was killed when they said it follow the manga closer. bleh.  

Hulu and Neon Alley will have it too! But I will be it watching on crunchyroll too because my ad blocker will work on it. I'm glad viz streams their animes and I understand they need the money so they can do it free, but I don't like having commercials during the episode. I wish they had the ads all before the episode.  Interruption free please!
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

One More Week! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One More Week!   One More Week! EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 4:09 pm

Mew Ami wrote:
All my hype was killed when they said it follow the manga closer. bleh.  

That was actually a high point for me, mainly because it means there won't be the same kind of boring filler from the original anime. If Chibiusa appears she won't be a complete joke, and maybe Crystal won't treat Mamoru as badly as the original anime did.

I can understand wanting something completely new, but what would they do? A sequel? Come up with a completely different story for the origins of the characters and whatnot?
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

One More Week! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One More Week!   One More Week! EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 4:19 pm

The thing with Sailor Moon every version tells the same tale as the manga, but put their own spin on it. Just look at the musicals for the biggest examples.

The reason I love the original anime so much is because the filler adds development to the characters. The manga only really focuses on Moon, Chibimoon, and Tux. The other girls get some development, but not a whole lot. The manga is pretty flat and boring to me. Yeah they are cool things that didn't make it into the anime, but I rather have fleshed out characters. There are some characters that didn't get the flesh out treatment in the anime. *cough* the outers*cough*  Also the villains weren't killed off just like that in the original anime. Most of the villains got fleshed out and some of them were even saved. In the manga most villains were there in a few panels then dead. I'm not saying all the filler is fantastic and there are some pointless filler. But they really do add to the story and the girls' lives. Speaking of the girls' lives. The live action series was the best fleshing out the girls' relationships with each other. Each of them had to learn to trust each other. 

I am praying that since we're getting 26 episodes there will be some filler. Because if SMC was 100% following the manga they could finish each arc in 13 episodes.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

One More Week! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One More Week!   One More Week! EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 6:59 pm

The part about the other characters getting little development I can understand. People typically complain that their entire lives revolve around Usagi and their duty to her as their princess, but I don't see it as strongly as others do.

I always get worried whenever one of the other four inners get a focus episode, because in the manga they tend to die or get kidnapped during said focus episodes.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

One More Week! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One More Week!   One More Week! EmptySun Jun 29, 2014 7:45 pm

I'm one of those who tend to complain that the senshi focus way too much on Usagi. The girl may be a princess, but she can kick butt. She owns the most powerful crystal in the universe which can wipe out any foe. 

Plus I feel like Usagi would want her friends to purse their dreams and find love if they desire. It irks me that Uranus and Neptune are the only ones besides Usagi get to have a partner. 

Sorry about my rant. ^///^ I love to read romance and Sailor Moon lacks romance. I wish the general and inner pairings made it to the story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One More Week! Empty
PostSubject: Re: One More Week!   One More Week! Empty

Back to top Go down

One More Week!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magical Girl Cafe  :: The Main Five :: Sailor Moon :: Sailor Moon Crystal-