Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers) Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers) Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers) Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers)   That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers) EmptyThu Jun 26, 2014 9:34 pm

So for those who have seen Rebellion Story would exactly what the title refers to. In fact this phrase has spread quite far since the movie came out. But the question is, did Homura really do nothing wrong?

It's not a simple question to answer imo.

The first factor is that the only real justification I can give it is that she wanted to protect Madoka from the incubators. They were intent on observing and eventually controlling her so that they could bring back the witch system.

The Second factor is the usual question with Homura. Is she doing what she does out of selfless devotion because she cares about Madoka? Or is she acting on a selfish desire to keep Madoka in her life because she cannot possibly exist without her? Or maybe somewhere in the middle.

The third factor is that the scene where she talks to Madoka in the flower field is possibly a catalyst, but if so than the whole thing is based on a complete misunderstanding.

For those of you who haven't seen the movie but choose to read this anyway, let me explain. Due to complicated circumstances, neither Madoka nor Homura have their proper memories. Homura's memories are starting to come back to her, and as she's talking to Madoka she mentions having a dream where Madoka went somewhere so far away that she could not see or speak to any of her friends and family again.

This is clearly a reference to the events at the end of the anime. Madoka then responds that she would NEVER want to go somewhere where she would be separated from everyone. This leads Homura to conclude that Madoka wouldn't have wanted to do what she did at the end of the anime, and that she should not have let her.

There are three big problems with this.

1 ) Madoka doesn't have the memories of the events of the anime that lead her to believe her sacrifice was a good decision.

2 ) Homura words it in a way that implies Madoka would simply be shut out from everyone, when in fact she was perfectly able to watch over them and was perfectly happy that way.

3 ) Homura at the end of the anime was accepting and respecting of Madoka's decision, and was actually cheered on by her in the final scene. In this movie she specifically fell into despair because of her isolation from Madoka, stating that she eventually began to question whether her friendship with Madoka was even real.

It's like the movie is saying "We have this crazy idea for the finale but we wrote ourselves into such a hole that we can't make it work. Let's just erase everyone's memories and have the whole thing be a big misunderstanding." It's worse than a romantic comedy. 

The fourth factor is the state of Homura's mind. If Sayaka lashing out at Madoka in episode 8 can be blamed on a corrupted Soul Gem altering the user's mind, then the same can be said for Homura in Rebellion. The events of the movie can also be assumed to have put so much stress on her already fragile mind that she could have completely snapped.

All I can really say is she is FREAKIN CREEPY when she's doing the thing.

That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers) WvBLKt2

It's like they were trying to give it as many uncomfortable rapey undertones as possible. She puts Madoka in the new world as a transfer student allegedly to distance her from Sayaka, grabs and restrains her when she starts to awaken her powers again, and forcibly returns the red ribbons to Madoka, who is visibly and audibly uncomfortable the entire scene.

That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers) QEeKEzu

I can't really say I know what's going on in her mind, but her outward mannerisms are why I can understand people saying she was out of character. I barely recognize her as she is as of the end of the movie, and her creepy, over-the-top "I'm so evil" mannerisms make me think she's definitely not alright in the head.

That or she's just acting that way because she feels she doesn't deserve Madoka's friendship after what she had just done.

Do I think Homura is completely without blame? Honestly I don't know.

Do I think the writers made a terrible decision? Absolutely.
Back to top Go down
Serenity Magica
Civilian
Serenity Magica
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 45

That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Re: That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers)   That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers) EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 10:41 pm

Before I say anything else, this movie clearly wanted shock value.

I would say what Homura did was definitely wrong, but I don't fully blame her. Even during the rest of the series, she very clearly has some mental health issues due to watching Madoka die so much. And in my opinion, just being a magical girl messes with your head and brings out the worst in you. (I'm basing this off Kyoko, Sayaka, and Homura because I haven't read the spin offs). Even with some justification, Homura just did this for herself and did not think about Madoka.
Back to top Go down

That Person did nothing wrong in Rebellion Story? (obviously spoilers)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1