Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Aoi Hana Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Aoi Hana Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Aoi Hana Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Aoi Hana Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Aoi Hana Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Aoi Hana Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Aoi Hana Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Aoi Hana Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Aoi Hana Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Aoi Hana Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Aoi Hana

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Aoi Hana Empty
PostSubject: Aoi Hana   Aoi Hana EmptySat May 24, 2014 11:13 am

Once upon a time there was an anime by the name of Sakura Trick. It was touted as being this story about two girls who are quite clearly in love with each other. Actual substance instead of just being subtext.

Unfortunately this show went the other route of terribleness... male otaku fetishizing. It ended up being nothing more than another dime-a-dozen slice of life moe show that uses girls kissing (and only that) as its gimmick.

The anti-thesis to this has been cited as a series by the name of Aoi Hana. It's kind of slice of life, but also a coming of age story with real character development. It's a story about friendship and love between girls that doesn't water it down to "zomg girls kissing is hot!"

I'm only on the second episode so I really can't make assumptions. I don't know if this is gonna turn out to be the miracle romance of the universe or if they'll just stay friends in the end, but so far they're both sweeties and I love them.

One of them cries like... seven times in the first two episodes but somehow I don't mind it. Maybe cause her voice isn't grating on the ears and the plot isn't about making her suffer.

The art style is also pretty gorgeous in a soft, peaceful way. Like a watercolor painting. It's the kind of thing that's not out of place in a series like Usagi Drop, that's innocent and devoid of fanservice.

This one is also pretty mild on the fanservice. It seems to be little more than occasional nudity with nothing really exposed.

Anyone who has actually watched this can chime in here, otherwise I'll keep going and let yall know how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

Aoi Hana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoi Hana   Aoi Hana EmptySun May 25, 2014 3:11 pm

i remember watching the first episode and being really impressed. It's been licensed since so its on my "to buy" list for awhile. 

but yeah, i like that it actually focuses on, ya know, a relationship between two girls instead of two girls kissing to attract the audience. and guess what, I dont think that worked on Sakura Trick because I dont think I've seen anyone applaud it. - yet Aoi Hana is always on someones short list of "must see" Yuri titles

so yeah, hope you enjoy the ride Link

if nothing else, the theme song is really pretty

storyboarded by Kunihiko Ikuhara, Utena and spinning dance director extraordinaire
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Aoi Hana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoi Hana   Aoi Hana EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 9:43 pm

So I finished Aoi Hana the other day.

It was nice, but... It's definitely something one should probably read the manga of. They cut out a lot of things in order to squeeze it into an eleven episode anime, and the main two who are believed to become a couple don't even get near that stage by the end of the anime.

Heck, they barely spend all that much time together. It's like they live in separate worlds that just happen intersect once in a while. Still a nice story for what it is I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aoi Hana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aoi Hana   Aoi Hana Empty

Back to top Go down

Aoi Hana

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magical Girl Cafe  :: Cafe Magical :: Tea Time :: Anime and Manga-