Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Super Smash Bros series

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros series   Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 12:26 am

http://kotaku.com/super-smash-bros-is-wrecking-some-peoples-3ds-handheld-1634549128

Aaaaaaaaaaand now the worst thing possible is happening. 

I just hope my 2DS is built with a more resilient circle pad. Come on Nintendo, live up to your legend of making insanely sturdy products.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros series   Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 1:50 pm

Looks like people just need to be more careful. At the end of article it happened to someone while playing new leaf. Any kind of controller can get like this if you're rough with it. Like my DS one of the buttons is worn down from playing pokemon. Darn those gen 1 habits.......
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros series   Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 2:09 pm

D Pad wear-down is a non-existent concept to me. The L and R buttons on the other hand... at least for the DS Lite have given me no end of trouble. I've had at least three of those systems suffer from shoulder button problems. 

Games like Sonic Rush where you have to rapidly press them in order to perform tricks are what I blame for that.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros series   Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2014 8:41 pm

My D pad is fine on my Lite. It's the a button. I pressed too hard from playing pokemon. It still works.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros series   Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 2:45 pm

The demo of Smash Bros 3DS is available on the E-Shop~

I haven't tried it yet since I'm wanting to keep busy with other things, but I happeh.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros series   Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 12:00 pm

I played the demo. I can't get use to the controls.  Sick

I'm so use to playing Smash with the gamecube controller. I better invest in the smash gamecube controller port for the U. I'm glad you can use the original gamecube controllers for it so I don't have to buy new ones.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros series   Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 10:55 pm

Finally got ahold of my own actual copy of Smash Bros 3DS. Between Gamestop not having the game, and Walmart not having the flip-cover I wanted for my 2DS, and me forgetting my wallet in the car, it took some running.

Dr. Mario took five tries to unlock. Beating Classic Mode at the correct difficulty level was easy enough, but the character himself kept KO-ing me. 

The funny thing is, after playing the demo so long I've gotten used to the controls, and I spent more time shuffling the customization of them until I set it back to the default, with the exception of switching the shield and grab buttons.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros series   Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 12, 2014 1:17 pm

The game looks really fun, but I'm going to wait for U version. I have played the 3DS demo while it does work well on a handheld I prefer playing a fighting game like Smash on the TV. 

Sadly I will have to ask the U version for Christmas seeing how Pokemon OR/AS comes out on the same day.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros series   Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Quote :
During today's Super Smash Bros. for Wii U 50-Fact Extravaganza, it was revealed that Mewtwo is to be a special character if you purchase both the 3DS and Wii U versions & register them on Club Nintendo. It will be available as a free download for both versions from Spring 2015.

...Why?

Why Nintendo? All I ever did was love you. Why would you hurt me like this?

I thought the whole point of releasing the game on two systems was so that you DON'T have to buy both.

And let's not forget that the Wii U version comes out the same day as the Hoenn Remakes. Nintendo's really trying to suck away our last dollars.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros series   Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 1:45 pm

I'm glad they're doing this. They need to connect the two systems together. I want both versions anyway. 

I am hoping the Wii U version gets extra stuff. Smash was made for the home console after all. 

Hoildays. They want to get all the games out in time for Christmas. They know Smash will be the game that everyone's wish list. Smash has such a huge following.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros series   Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 8:35 am

Well from what people are saying the details are vague. Hopefully there'll be a way to get Mewtwo if you have only one of the games, even if it has to be paid for. TheJwittz pointed out that there are likely to be families with multiple 3DS systems and only one WiiU, so it would be bad if only one copy of the 3DS game could have Mewtwo.

I'm kinda concerned that the inclusion of Miis is turning this game into OCs vs Nintendo Characters, cause I play as the former much more often than the latter. I've even managed to get some of their stats and abilities in-character (like the fire elemental having the two available fire based attacks, or the bookish introvert having low speed)

On the Nintendo character side, Little Mac is an absolute BEAST. I managed to clear All-Star mode on the highest difficulty, first try.

I'm also pleased that Yoshi has become a serious contender. I've even managed to be classic mode on the highest with him.

Then I got slaughtered by a Jigglypuff online in For Glory mode. Yea. Never touching that again. That's for hardcore gamers and I am much too casual.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros series   Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 10:53 pm

I that's the point of the Mii fighters. To allow players to let any kind of character join smash. I know my friends and I are going to make our OCs fight each other. I want to take funny pictures with them too!!
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros series   Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 9:55 pm

So I've been watching Jwittz's videos about Smash Bros Wii U, and I've become convinced that it's waaay too much for me. The spoiler related details in this video in particular combined with the fact that up to 8 fights can be on-screen at once make me think this would be too much for me, and I'm better off sticking with the 3DS version.

I'm starting to see what people were saying about this game being confusing with four players on-screen at once. The screen is so tiny and the game is so detailed that I frequnetly lose place of where I am during four fighter matches.

I didn't have this problem with Kirby Fighter's Deluxe, But then that game is a lot more colorful and cartoony.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros series   Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 10:16 pm

Also the fact that Kirby Deluxe has the camera set of Kirby so I can't see anyone losing themselves. XD

You don't have to use the 8-player mode. Also it doesn't have to be eight players. You can have five or six people playing. Eight is just the max. I'm sure there might be events where you have to beat seven cpus, but again it's still optional. Also 8-players smash is for local play only. You can't challenge eight people over the internet. Finally only certain stages will be used for this mode. They're huge so players aren't jammed pack.

I can see this mode benefiting people who like throw parties or a group of five friends. That way no one has to be the 5th wheel and has to wait their turn. This would be a great idea for Mario Party!

But overall, Nintendo did make the Smash U to be superior over 3DS smash. By watching the 50 facts of Wii U Smash I can tell they put their heart and soul into making this version. 3DS smash just a bonus in my opinion. Great to take it on the go to kill time.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros series   Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 13, 2014 10:39 pm

One thing I'm jelly about is that the 3DS version doesn't have the codec thingies with Pit, Palutena and Viridi like the Wii U version has.

These conversations are pretty amusing though. I've already found Viridi to be adorable, and I'm much more pleased with her current voice than being voiced by Starfire/Princess Bubblegum like in Kid Icarus Uprising.

And she totally has the hots for Link.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros series   Super Smash Bros series - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros series

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next