Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Mew Mew a la Mode Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Mew Mew a la Mode Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Mew Mew a la Mode Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Mew Mew a la Mode Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Mew Mew a la Mode Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Mew Mew a la Mode Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Mew Mew a la Mode Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Mew Mew a la Mode Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Mew Mew a la Mode Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Mew Mew a la Mode Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Mew Mew a la Mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

Mew Mew a la Mode Empty
PostSubject: Mew Mew a la Mode   Mew Mew a la Mode EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 5:08 pm

aka the manga sequel no one likes

I actually really liked Mew Mew a la Mode. I actually like the ending more than the original too. (Berry played more of part in the final battle). The love interest and the villains i liked better too (well for the villains i mostly just liked the designs *cough*) 

The biggest complaint about the sequel seems to be about Berry taking Ichigo's spot as leader and for her sharing two DNAs. 

And yeah, the two DNA thing is kinda silly, but *shrug* the "sharing your DNA with animals" isn't really part of the story at all, its just where her abilities come from, so. for me it didn't really get in the way of the plot. 
As for leadership, I agree It would've been more interesting to have Zakuro or someone become the leader in Ichigo's absence, but then as the story goes on Berry uses her charm and intuition to prove herself as a leader or something.  instead of just "you've got cat powers now, and since this is Tokyo Mew Mew our doctrine states cats get first dibs"

but eh, to me, Tokyo Mew Mew (the manga anyway) was always more of about a complicated fantasy love story, and I think a la Mode did a good job of giving us a new conflict from that universe but with that same sort of kids-shoujo-drama feel.

Or maybe I'm just biased because I have a thing for magical girls with bunny ears and Tasuku's more of my type than Masaya or Kish could ever be XD

I'm still pretty sad we never saw Berry in animated form *sigh* oh well

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Mew Mew a la Mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mew Mew a la Mode   Mew Mew a la Mode EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 10:12 pm

I really did hate a la mode as a kid. My problem was it was too short and I hated the ending. "Oh I feel love let's not attack anymore." The villains were really interesting smf I would have love to see some for depth too them. A la mode needs an anime badly because I feel like it would add to the story like TMM anime did.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

Mew Mew a la Mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mew Mew a la Mode   Mew Mew a la Mode EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 7:06 pm

I always loved a la Mode. I have a weird tendency to gravitate towards unpopular things so maybe that's why. (God I sound like a hipster. I am so sorry.) 

I liked Berry a lot more than I liked Ichigo... She felt a lot more energetic, and I liked that. She reminds me of Sailor Venus. The villains were really interesting, too. My biggest problem was that the series is so short! I would've loved for it to have been longer.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Mew Mew a la Mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mew Mew a la Mode   Mew Mew a la Mode EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 9:08 pm

The another thing that really bother me with La Mode. Is that Berry got two animals. Why I cat and a rabbit? We don't need two cat girls. I think the rabbit was fine and she was given super cute ears!

I will admit Berry is a better written character than manga!Ichigo. I think the anime fleshed out Ichigo a bit better. It's a shame La Mode didn't get an anime. They could have really fleshed out the whole plot. I really did like the villains' plan.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Mew Mew a la Mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mew Mew a la Mode   Mew Mew a la Mode EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 9:15 pm

I think it was so she could get a cute kitty tail with bunny ears... Which is pretty stupid because fuzzy bunny tails are adorable.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Mew Mew a la Mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mew Mew a la Mode   Mew Mew a la Mode EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Omg yes! Bunnies have such cute tails. Japan and cat girls. XD
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Mew Mew a la Mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mew Mew a la Mode   Mew Mew a la Mode EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 7:42 pm

You know, I went back and reread "a La Mode" recently. I still liked Berry better than Ichigo, but I did notice... The story of the manga doesn't really make sense in the context of the first series, huh? The whole environmental theme wasn't present at all - the Saint Rose Crusaders were kind of this gang of villains who came out of nowhere who have nothing to do with the theme of the series. :/ I think it would've been better if the villains were something that still had to do with aliens and the environment - maybe different aliens from Kish and co's planet who were dissatisfied with what happened and wanted to do things differently?? I dunno. I just think that the story didn't really make sense overall.

Still love Berry though.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Mew Mew a la Mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mew Mew a la Mode   Mew Mew a la Mode EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 8:04 pm

No it didn't. Even when I read it the first time around it made no sense. I'm okay villains not having anything to do with the environment as long as they have a legit goal. The Saint Rose Crusaders were lame. We're going to cause chaos because people are mean. Oh then we'll stop because love! -_-

The creator of TMM can't write. That's why I prefer the anime.
Back to top Go down
Sakuranbo
Best Friend

Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 142

Mew Mew a la Mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mew Mew a la Mode   Mew Mew a la Mode EmptyMon Oct 08, 2018 5:02 pm

I read Tokyo Mew Mew a la mode and I like it, but I have to agree with a lot of people that it's not fair for Berry to have two animal D.N.A in her since the other Mew Mews only have one animal D.N.A in them. To be honest if the Mew Mews needed a new leader while Ichigo is away, then they could have picked Zakuro as the leader instead of Berry since Zakuro has more experience and she's more mature too. I would actually prefer Berry to just be a member of the Mew Mews instead of being the leader.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mew Mew a la Mode Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mew Mew a la Mode   Mew Mew a la Mode Empty

Back to top Go down

Mew Mew a la Mode

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1