Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Precure Splash Star Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Precure Splash Star Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Precure Splash Star Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Precure Splash Star Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Precure Splash Star Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Precure Splash Star Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Precure Splash Star Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Precure Splash Star Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Precure Splash Star Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Precure Splash Star Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Precure Splash Star

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Precure Splash Star Empty
PostSubject: Precure Splash Star   Precure Splash Star EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

The third season of the Precure franchise, and the first to take place in its own separate universe. It starts Not-Nagisa, also known as Saki Hyuuga, and Not-....that other girl, also known as Mai Mishou. Both of them are precious things, though I'm getting the feeling Saki's stubbornness is gonna grate on me.

The plot is pretty standard, reclaiming these magical lakes from all over a magical world by battling monsters of the week and collecting these little jewels that come out of them. The villains aren't really memorable and seem to suffer from the same issue as Yes Precure 5. All there really is to say about them is that they work for a big boss and are constantly intimidated and declaring that they'll beat the Precure this time.

In general it seems like prior to Fresh Precure, the franchise hadn't really found its footing. It doesn't seem to have any real theme or direction other than being a magical girl warrior show.

And now a quote from the TV Tropes page of the series.

Quote :
Complaints from Moral Guardians had also caused many of the Seinen elements synonymous with Pretty Cure to be toned down: instead of the hard-hitting fisticuffs of Black and White, Bloom and Egret primarily used non-contact magical attacks, flinging bolts of energy around and flying all over the place.

Considering seasons like Yes Precure 5 and Smile it's not all that big a deal. Another thing that stands out is that whenever the Cures in this season get slammed into things, a kind of sparkly barrier appears around the impact zone. I have to wonder if it's some form of censoring because they complained about girls getting hurt on TV.
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Love Interest
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 216

PostSubject: Re: Precure Splash Star   Precure Splash Star EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 9:45 pm

Question: How similar is Saki (and by extension, Nagisa) to Hibiki?
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Precure Splash Star   Precure Splash Star EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 10:16 pm

I started this! I need to get back to watching it. I really like this season and I cant wait to watch the rest of it!
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Precure Splash Star   Precure Splash Star EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:41 pm

mercury_viola_rhapsody wrote:
Question: How similar is Saki (and by extension, Nagisa) to Hibiki?

Well I haven't seen the Nagisa season, but I hear Nagisa and Saki are only alike in design. Nagisa is said to be very pessimistic, while Saki is full on optimistic.

Saki is kind of tomboyish, but not as brash as Hibiki. Saki doesn't seem like the martial arts type, her thing is softball instead.

Anyway, I'm on episode 18, and I can't really say anything about this series. Mai is a real sweetie and Saki is for the most part nice, but she has a stubborn streak.

Much like in Yes Precure 5 the villains aren't very interesting. It's mostly the same thing with them, being intimidated by the higher ups, declaring that they'll defeat the Precure this time, summon monster, watch monster get beaten and teleport away. Eventually the villain gets killed off. I'm so used to later seasons the villains have more interesting personalities and motivations.

I'll keep watching, with the hopes that it'll get more interesting, but if people say the first season is boring and this one isn't... I have no idea how boring the first season could possibly be compared to this.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Precure Splash Star   Precure Splash Star EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:45 pm

I heard the later episodes get interesting when they introduce those non cure girls.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Precure Splash Star   Precure Splash Star EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 pm

Yea. Those two androids. They're creepy as heck. They recently debuted, but they haven't really done anything, so I'm waiting.
Back to top Go down
tanyao
Civilian
tanyao
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 20

PostSubject: Re: Precure Splash Star   Precure Splash Star EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 7:19 pm

Finished this a couple days ago, finished the movie today.
From when I first say Gohyaan, I was constantly thinking
Spoiler:
I didn't think it'd actually be the case, though. In hindsight it was predictable, but somehow it surprised me when it actually happened. For most of the series, the relationship between Akudaikaan and Gohyaan reminded me of Daimao and Sorges from Akazukin Chacha. Except Gohyaan is a lot stronger and less cowardly than Sorges.

Spoiler:

Well, only ten billion more episodes before I catch up with Precure. I'm going to miss Saki and Mai.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Precure Splash Star   Precure Splash Star Empty

Back to top Go down

Precure Splash Star

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1