Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Underappreciated series? Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Underappreciated series? Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Underappreciated series? Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Underappreciated series? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Underappreciated series? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Underappreciated series? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Underappreciated series? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Underappreciated series? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Underappreciated series? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Underappreciated series? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Underappreciated series?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Love Interest
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 216

Underappreciated series? Empty
PostSubject: Underappreciated series?   Underappreciated series? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Anyone have a series they think deserves more love? 

Well, here's a thread for us to fangirl/convince people into reading them!

Dance 

I'll post mine later...
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Underappreciated series?   Underappreciated series? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:12 pm

I feel like Ojamjo Doremi needs more love.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Underappreciated series?   Underappreciated series? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:13 pm

ALL OF THEM. Except Sailor Moon, Precure and Madoka.

Particularly Ojamajo Doremi, Princess Tutu and Otogi-Jushi Akazukin.
Back to top Go down
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Love Interest
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 216

PostSubject: Re: Underappreciated series?   Underappreciated series? EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 11:52 pm

I'll go with Magic Knight Rayearth and Full Moon o Sagashite. (although the former does have some fans here... *coughcoughmysterycoughcough*)
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Underappreciated series?   Underappreciated series? EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 12:12 am

Anything Made before 1992
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Underappreciated series?   Underappreciated series? EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 6:33 pm

BunnyBelle wrote:
Anything Made before 1992

Particularly the ones that haven't been subbed, like the original Minky Momo and Esper Mami.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Underappreciated series?   Underappreciated series? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 9:35 am

more specifically of an answer, Himitsu no Akko-chan for me. 

since the 1962 manga, It's been remade FOUR times. once in 1969 with 94 episodes, another in 1988 w/ 61 eps, 1998 w/44 eps., and lastly a Live-Action movie in 2012. 

so far the '88 'movies' have been fansubbed (albeit hard to download) and the Live-Action has too (probably because its new and people like the pretty j-drama actors)

and that's it. 

heck, forget fansubbed, I can't even find raws of these shows. 
I've always wanted to watch Akko-chan, and I'm so entirely sad no one even gives her a glance.

atleast Sally the Witch has some street cred for being the first MG show, so people feel like they have to know who she is.

maybe Akko just needs to be a precure
Underappreciated series? Cureako_2
(art found on this blog http://osomatsuri.cocolog-nifty.com/ )
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Magical Girl
mysteryloveandjustice
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 297

PostSubject: Re: Underappreciated series?   Underappreciated series? EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 2:13 am

*hugs avatar*
Back to top Go down
http://angstyotps.tumblr.com
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Underappreciated series?   Underappreciated series? EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 3:28 pm

One show that I wish was more appreciated is Mahou Tsukai Tai (Magic Users Club)

It's in the boys/shonen demographic, and I know those have a bad reputation, but its probably the only show I've seen that successfully blends the heartwarming lessons and drama we expect from our favorite girly magical girls, while still adding in an extra spice that's expected of Shonen.

It's also pretty funny, and it has fanservice for BOTH genders, hallelujah! (that's all I ask really. If you feel the need to add jokes and excitement involving human anatomy, make it funny and for everyone please) 

AND it has designs by Ikuko Itoh! (Sailor Moon, Princess Tutu, Fan Fan Pharmacy) so it even LOOKS good.

here's a nice little write up/review about it:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/buried-treasure/2008-08-21/magic-user-club
Back to top Go down
Sakuranbo
Best Friend

Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 142

PostSubject: Re: Underappreciated series?   Underappreciated series? EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 11:30 pm

The series I think that needs more love is Wedding Peach because it's not a very well known series and it's a very good series too. The manga has a very good story line and so does the anime even though the anime has some changes from the manga. In my honest opinion Wedding Peach is a very underappreciated and underrated series that needs more love and to be more known too.

Last edited by Sakuranbo on Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Underappreciated series?   Underappreciated series? EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 3:45 pm

I believe Wedding Peach is underrated because people don't like the plot itself? I have never seen it, but I remember reading negative comments about it.
Back to top Go down
Sakuranbo
Best Friend

Best Friend

PostSubject: Re: Underappreciated series?   Underappreciated series? EmptySat Jan 20, 2018 9:43 pm

Yeah that is one of the reasons why some people don't like it and why the series is so underrated, but the problem is that some people don't give Wedding Peach a chance and that they always want to call it a Sailor Moon Ripoff/Copy which makes me very angry because I am a huge fan of Wedding Peach and I love the series very much just like I love the Sailor Moon series. As a fan of both Wedding Peach and Sailor Moon I will say that Wedding Peach is not a Sailor Moon Ripoff/Copy because it is it's own series and that it has a different storyline too. You should really give Wedding Peach a try it's a very good series and I definitely recommend it too. As for the negative comments that are posted online most of them are from the haters who never watched the anime, didn't read the manga, or only just watched like one and/or two episodes along with reading a few volumes of the manga instead of from people who actually watched or read the entire series. So don't pay attention to the haters and their comments. Watch or read the series to see what you think and see if you like it too.

Last edited by Sakuranbo on Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:03 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Underappreciated series?   Underappreciated series? EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 2:56 pm

That's it! Yeah the comments I read were it about being a Sailor Moon knock off. Honestly anyone can say that about any team base magical girl show that came out after Sailor Moon. As long as the plot is different then it's a knock off. Sailor Moon changed the genre. There's nothing wrong with people creating their own team base magical girl show. Look at video games. Nintendo has changed a lot of genres with their games and other gaming studios used those changes to create their games. So yeah haters can hate! lol

Actually I always have wanted to give Wedding Peach a try. I just never got around to it.
Back to top Go down
Sakuranbo
Best Friend

Best Friend

PostSubject: Re: Underappreciated series?   Underappreciated series? EmptySun Jan 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Yeah that is true that some people also call other Magical Girl shows that are made after Sailor Moon ripoffs/copies too which is very ridiculous and not to mention that Sailor Moon wasn't even the first Magical Girl series that is made either. It's true that Sailor Moon is the first Magical Girl series that changed the Magical Girl genre and made it better than before since the 90s. I agree that there is nothing wrong with creating a Magical Girl series as a long as it's original and that it has a good story line along with good characters. I also agree about Nintendo changing a lot of video game genres and making them amazing too since we all see like a lot of fighting games and stuff, plus nobody complains about video games having the same genre because as long as the game is good then they will play it. Yeah haters can hate because their opinion in the end doesn't matter. Oh okay you can watch the series when you have the chance. I hope that Wedding Peach could get a reboot anime series one day that is faithful to the manga and that it can be more known to everyone along with the series having more fans too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Underappreciated series?   Underappreciated series? Empty

Back to top Go down

Underappreciated series?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1