Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Mario Kart Series Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Mario Kart Series Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Mario Kart Series Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Mario Kart Series Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Mario Kart Series Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Mario Kart Series Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Mario Kart Series Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Mario Kart Series Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Mario Kart Series Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Mario Kart Series Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Mario Kart Series

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Mario Kart Series Empty
PostSubject: Mario Kart Series   Mario Kart Series EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 10:34 pm

It's time to talk about Nintendo's flagship racing series starring many of the company's official finest... and Waluigi.

I recently decided, for the heck of it, to download the original Mario Kart on the Wii's Virtual Console. I don't honestly know how people played that game. I did when I was little but thanks to the smoother controls of more modern titles, I find myself unable to even turn without veering off course or having to constantly let up on the gas when making any little turn.

Mario Kart 64 is even more difficult to control, probably thanks to the joystick. I found myself constantly missing item boxes the last time I played that. 

In Mario Kart DS (my favorite title in the series by a long-shot) I have such flawless control of the vehicle that I never have to slow down. I can flawlessly turn even on tricky stages like rainbow-road. The only thing I dislike about that one is how easy the mini-turbo thing is to exploit. Players who can pull that off without missing a beat will soar ahead of everyone else, making online play almost pointless.

Balloon Battle is probably my favorite thing about Mario Kart DS. You're put into a decent sized stage along-side seven other Karts and it's like a chaotic warzone of fun. The only annoying part is having to physically inflate your balloons by blowing into them, but you get five instead of three.

Mario Kart Wii is gorgeous, and I love being able to play as the Miis (letting me put my OCs in the game). They introduced a lot of neat stages like Mushroom Gorge. BUT. Putting 12 racers into the game instead of 8 was a huge mistake, a mistake that leads to a never-ending barrage of lightning bolts and blue shells. It's consecutive, it's constant, it's a huge pain in the behind.

They kinda ruined Balloon Battle in this one though. They imposed a time limit, force you to do team-battle, made the stages so big that I spend most of the time aimlessly driving around, and losing your balloons doesn't do anything. It's more about scoring points for your team than elimination style craziness. It feels much more casual than a crazy war-zone.

I recently bought Mario Kart 7 and I can't really say much good about it. The best thing about it is the stages, some of them are really interesting, particularly this one where you race up a hill while boulders fall down toward you. Some of the stages aren't loops, they have check-points throughout them and you continuously drive along a set path.

The hang-glider concept is a neat idea in theory, but when one of the most common occurrences in the game is the frigging lightning bolt, it's not good to be gliding over a water trap when that happens. They also shoe-horned it into a lot of the retro stages, taking away the immunity to blue shells when you're going through a magical light-tunnel like in the Waluigi Pinball Stage, or being shot out of a cannon in Airship Fortress.

Another thing I wasn't too pleased with? They took away Single Player Vs. Mode! The ability to select your difficulty setting and play any stage you choose, rather than having to play the entire set of four in a row in GP mode. From what I've read this was because they rushed to release it, but just... bah.

The concept of collecting coins to unlock custom kart parts was also handled kinda silly. You can only hold onto ten coins in any given race and if you so much as slip on a banana peel, you lose 2-3. And to top it all off, you don't choose which parts to buy, they're unlocked randomly based on increments of coins you collect (50-100-200 and so on).

All in all the Mario Kart series is usually fun to play, particularly when you have other people to play it with.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Mario Kart Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Series   Mario Kart Series EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 12:04 am

You should play Double Dash! It's on the Gamecube. It's my favorite Mario Cart game. It's one the few games I master.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Mario Kart Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Series   Mario Kart Series EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 12:55 am

Gotta find a place that sells them for a decent price, cause new copies are like... $100 on Amazon.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Mario Kart Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Series   Mario Kart Series EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 12:56 am

O.o Holy Crap!!! Glad I still have mine!
Back to top Go down
Beat
Hostess
Beat
Hostess

Coffee Beans : 715

Mario Kart Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Series   Mario Kart Series EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:06 am

Oh yes, I remember, Many joysticks were destroyed for that cause, especially since the mini turbo thingy. But, was totally worth it. The times! The trick that allowed you to select all characters! The shortcuts on Wario stadium and Rainbow Road...Nostalgia. Glad I still have my own copy in N64.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Mario Kart Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Series   Mario Kart Series EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 11:25 am

I found a perfectly good copy of Mario Kart 7 on ebay, for $25, instead of the usual $40. The best part is that there's NO SUCH THING as a bootleg 3DS cartridge. Whatever this system is made of, it has yet to be hacked. There's no Action Replay or R4 for the 3DS yet. (Well there are R4s that can play normal DS games on a 3DS).

Aside from my discomfort with playing it on the 2DS I feel like I was too harsh toward this game.

Now I have a funny story to tell.

There's a stage in this game called Maka Wuhu. It's one of the stages that doesn't have a looping track, instead you go through three check-points until you get to the end. So I'm in second place and I launch a red shell at Mario ahead of me immediately after a ramp. Apparently he was too close to me below because the shell went over him and sped away, running the course uninterrupted.

So now we're heading toward the finish line and I can't catch up to Mario. I'm gonna end up in second place for sure when suddenly... a red shell appears on the screen, racing in the opposite direction from the karts and hits Mario, allowing me to get ahead.

Turns out that at the end of the stage, there's a Cul-de-sac thing where everyone who crosses the finish line will do the victory lap by backtracking the course. So that was my red shell that looped around and hit its mark despite the delay.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Mario Kart Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Series   Mario Kart Series EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 12:45 pm

And it's official. Mario Kart 7 is the most hair pulling, computer-cheatingest thing in the universe.

The AI in this game pulls off stunts that even real players consider taboo, such as putting banana peels on ramps, putting them EXACTLY where you'll have no choice but landing after a ramp or similar thing (like being launched out of a cannon).

They also tend to swerve directly in front of you JUST as you're about to grab an item box, blocking you from getting it. You need ten coins in order to max out your speed and acceleration, but the computer opponents don't. They start out at full speed and will ALWAYS get ahead of you at the start of a race.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Mario Kart Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Series   Mario Kart Series EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 12:50 pm

Man I thought the Wii AIs were bad...
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Mario Kart Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Series   Mario Kart Series EmptyWed May 21, 2014 10:31 pm

They got the game super early. It looks so beautiful!!! T-T
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Mario Kart Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Series   Mario Kart Series EmptyFri May 23, 2014 10:44 am

It does look gorgeous. I'm going to stab Nintendo in the butt for not letting me not want a Wii U. I don't even care about the new Legend of Zelda, that Dynasty Warriors knock-off thing. Mario 3D World looks neat, but it's probably better if you have more people to play it with.

Also, I dunno if this would be relevant to you, but here.

http://nintendocafe.com/post/86561337015/register-mario-kart-8-with-club-nintendo-by-july
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Mario Kart Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Series   Mario Kart Series EmptyFri May 23, 2014 11:35 am

I saw that! I'll probably get pikmin 3.

I think a Wii U is worth it. >.>
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Mario Kart Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Series   Mario Kart Series EmptyFri May 30, 2014 11:42 pm

Mario Kart 8 is so damn fun!!! This game is a blast to play! I can't wait to play with friends! ^-^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mario Kart Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Kart Series   Mario Kart Series Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Kart Series

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1