Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight Empty
PostSubject: Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight   Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 4:37 am

Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight Tumblr_m4cvxrG3Oh1rqur4vo2_500

Oh yea, she's here! The most hardcore awesome Magical Girl since the White Devil herself! Though unlike Nanoha there's so much more to Yuri's character. XD

I admit I didn't like her when I first saw her. In the first episode Moonlight came off as one of those perfect mystical waif-goddess/plot device characters. Then we meet her civilian self and she talks in riddles. I did not get her thing about understanding friendship around episode 10 or so. 

She's considered to be one of the more angsty characters in the Precure series, and for good reason, but unlike some angsty people we all know, there's more to her than just a tragic backstory, and she gives us plenty of reason to still like her.

Of the the most poignant things about Yuri's backstory is her selflessness and confidence. Her fairy partner, Cologne, implores her to seek out the future partners of Chypre and Coffret, but Moonlight declines, saying that as long as she's strong enough to handle the threat, no one else will have to suffer like she has.

Naturally it comes back to bite her, resulting in the loss of Cologne and her ability to transform. She spends much of the series broken as a result. But being as awesome as she is that doesn't stop her from being awesome once in a while, like jumping into a swarm of Snackies to save her mom.

It takes the others dragging her back into the saddle before the glorious return of Cure Moonlight happens, and it was awesome. 

Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight Tumblr_mejswvGP7h1qdyi3xo1_500

I love that she's still capable enough to take down Snakies despite being essentially powerless. And unlike Itsuki, she's not a trained martial artist. She's a friggin scholar.

I love how this woman has the misfortune of being named "Yuri" in a franchise where girl love undertones are frequent.

She is a high school student. The rest of the Heartcatch cast is 14, and Yuri's 17. 

This poor woman's life is a complete whirlwind of tragedy and feels, pretty much the most out of any character in the Precure franchise.

To put it in perspective...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight   Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 12:07 am

Yuri is the only reason I want to watch Heartcatch, but the annoying mascots and the painful fillers are stopping me.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Love Interest
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 216

PostSubject: Re: Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight   Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 6:58 pm

@Ami: You could just skip ahead to her debut episode and read summaries of the other ones. That's what I did for Cure Muse.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight   Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 7:01 pm

I could just watch the Yuri episodes. Hmm that's a good idea, but I like to watching a whole series though.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Love Interest
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 216

PostSubject: Re: Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight   Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 9:23 pm

Oh, and while we're at it, I'd like to say that Yuri is my favorite Precure (and 5th favorite magical girl overall), as well as the reason I decided to watch it, for all the reasons stated above?
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight   Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight EmptySat Jan 28, 2017 11:33 am

It's been about five years coming, I've been eyeing it on Amazon for so long..

Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight Cmli

It took about a month to get here, because you know, Japan, but just the box alone is so gorgeous. I don't know if I even wanna open it tbh. I've always been kind of space conscious, so I feel like I don't have anywhere to display it properly despite my dresser and night table being largely vacant. They just don't seem right for it. A tall bookshelf or something would be better.

Either way, my life goal as a Precure fan is over. <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight   Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight Empty

Back to top Go down

Character Discussion - Yuri Tsukikage/Cure Moonlight

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1