Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues? - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues? - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues?   Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:17 pm

Hmm looks like I'm going to end up over analyzing everything when I reread the series.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2819

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues?   Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:44 pm

Same here. Oh well. It's always good to look at something from a different angle. :)
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Magical Girl
SeleneHime
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 560

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues?   Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 4:20 pm

Thirded. I'm going to reread the original manga as well. I've only read it a couple times, but I should've noticed the balcony thing that Blü mentioned in her last post. Usually I'm more observant than that. ^_^"

Regarding Berri, I finished reading the last of the sequel yesterday before work. I'm actually a little indifferent towards her situation as a 'canon sue', because as Mikamei already mentioned, it was a bit of a set-up caused by the same people that didn't want Ichigo-focus. She has her flaws, but I'm not yet enamored with the character. I would've liked to see more on Tasuku, though. He was shown to be obviously under the influence of others, but he only got a few panels on that point. It was a bit underwhelming for me.

Back on Berri, though, she does have more flaws than she does perks when you look at her. The problem with A La Mode, though, is that it has identical issues to the original - things weren't fleshed out.
Back to top Go down
Sakuranbo
Best Friend

Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 142

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues?   Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 5:41 pm

In my honest opinion Masaya is not a Gary Stu (Male version of Mary Sue) because he has his flaws and it's like everyone says the reason why Masaya is mention to be perfect is because it is told from Ichigo's Point of view instead of Masaya's Point of View. Not to mention that Masaya is forced to be someone who he's not which makes things very difficult for him. So to me Masaya is just like any other person and that he is not perfect either. 

Now as for Berry I'm going to have to say that she is kinda of a Mary Sue because she has two different Animal D.N.A in her while the other Mew Mews only have one. The part about her being leader of the Mew Mews didn't make any sense to me because Ichigo has always been the leader and to make Berry the new leader it just seems so out of place. It would have been fine if Berry had only one Animal D.N.A in her and that she is just a member of the Mew Mews instead of being the leader. I know that Berry has some flaws, but I just can't get over the fact that she has two Animal D.N.A in her which to me is very strange since the other girls don't have two Animal D.N.A in them. The good thing about Berry is that at least she is a very kind person and she cares about her friends too. So I can't really hate her since she doesn't have a horrible personality, but it would have been better if she wasn't the leader of the Mew Mews though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues?   Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Debate: Is Berri and Aoyama really mary sues?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2