Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  Empty
PostSubject: Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate    Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 11:09 pm

So since the main characters feature CCS characters I though I put this here in this forum. So Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles like? Dislike? Do you consider it canon? Non canon?

At first I kind of like this series. I read a good amount of the manga and then my interest dropped. Then one day I read some spoilers and found that Syaroan was a clone and the clone didnt care for Sakura anymore. Then that Sakura was a clone too! The real Syaroan is actually the son of Syaroan and Sakura from CCS and his real name is Tsubasa? It got really confusing and I probably got that wrong. Then I found out Fai became a vampire. I was like really? Things didnt need to get complicated and we didnt need clones! So now I dislike this series and I refuse to accept it as canon if it is.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Beat
Hostess
Beat
Hostess

Coffee Beans : 715

PostSubject: Re: Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate    Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 1:22 pm

Dislike. Noncannon with lots of salt please.

I read both manga and saw the anime, the positive parts, a grown up Sakura and Syaoran and a perspective of the(supposed) romance, though that is entirely debatable.

I saw that, Syaoran apparently, pierced sakura hime. She said something along the lines of "You love the real one, go back to your Sakura." and disappeared in Sakura petals. And I was like, alright, didn't see that coming. Then, the Syaoran was clone too and the real one lost his eye in...I don't remember. Then I said, "Enought internet for today." Besides, well to many twists, Sakura had "the power to change the world" which was...nothing. The CCS, was very powerful. Sakura-hime...well, was not. So I agree with you, poor Li, needs a break from too many twists and some relaxing Green tea.
Back to top Go down
Lilith Quinzet
Civilian
Lilith Quinzet
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 534

PostSubject: Re: Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate    Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 4:05 pm

Lilith thinks Clamp are not the sanest persons around.
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2819

PostSubject: Re: Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate    Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:58 am

I read pretty far.  Until the clone and the stuff with Fai becoming the vampire...  I hate clones.  I haven't read/seen many things that use clones effectively.  I'm sure there are plenty of shows using clones well, but I haven't seen them.

It makes me sad because I looked through the art book a while ago, and the art in there was beautiful.  Plus, I liked the characters.  It would have been a fun story if they had kept it simple.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate    Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 9:24 pm

Clones creep me out and always will no matter how well they are written. The idea of looking for someone's memories is neat though. Really dont know. I feel like Tsubasa is a fanfic.
Back to top Go down
Timer Rabbit
Civilian
Timer Rabbit
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 107

PostSubject: Re: Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate    Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 11:11 pm

If anyone has read the old omnibus 1-3 volume of xxxHolic, Yuko made it pretty clear that there are many alternative universes. And since this IS CLAMP's creations, they get to add what's fact for their stories and what's fanon.

Okay. My sis told me that they are clones, adn that this version of Sakura and Syaroan... Okay what.

I never much on Tsubasa or even care for it. I only like that this is a glorified Final Fantasy CLAMP crossover (that is not their Wonderland one-shot). Funny I was talking with a friend over the car about how CLAMP does noodle-men (LOL).

But wait... The REAL Sakura and Syaroan are married?! Why there is not a part for an CCS special as adults? (I do remember the end chapters somewhere where they are high school, but my memory is rusty from touching the CCS magna volume my sis USED TO OWN.

But I think CLAMP... Yea... Either tries to hard to make it cool or whatssoever. I knwo they have done strange or complicated stories before... But glad that this series did not land in 2011.. I feel old and should forget about Tsubasa lol.
Back to top Go down
http://girlwiththeflamingfist.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate    Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 11:30 pm

I wish there was CCS special of them married! It would be so cute! <3
Back to top Go down
Sakuranbo
Best Friend

Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 142

PostSubject: Re: Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate    Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 5:06 pm

I actually like the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle series, but I agree that the whole clone thing is very confusing and the part about Fai becoming a vampire is just insane. I don't think Tsubasa is canon to the Cardcaptor Sakura series since Tsubasa takes place in an alternate universe and we all see other characters from CLAMP's other Anime and Manga series too. To be honest what I really like about Tsubasa is that Syaoran and Sakura are older in that series and that there is a lot of romance between them as well.

Last edited by Sakuranbo on Sun May 06, 2018 11:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate    Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 5:32 pm

Yeah I like seeing them older too. It's just I can't get past the clones. lol
Back to top Go down
Sakuranbo
Best Friend

Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 142

PostSubject: Re: Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate    Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 5:45 pm

Yeah and I agree that the whole clone thing messed up everything. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate    Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate  Empty

Back to top Go down

Tsubasa Reservior Chronicles: Debate

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1