Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Why I am Nintendo Gamer Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Why I am Nintendo Gamer Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Why I am Nintendo Gamer Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Why I am Nintendo Gamer Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Why I am Nintendo Gamer Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Why I am Nintendo Gamer Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Why I am Nintendo Gamer Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Why I am Nintendo Gamer Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Why I am Nintendo Gamer Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Why I am Nintendo Gamer Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Why I am Nintendo Gamer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Why I am Nintendo Gamer Empty
PostSubject: Why I am Nintendo Gamer   Why I am Nintendo Gamer EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 6:32 pm

So what's the deal? Throughout my life I have only own one non Nintendo system. Why I havent tried the others ones? Why do I keep getting/buying Nintendo systems? Because Nintendo as a special charm to it not other systems do not have. They have created a special fantasy world that other the systems could never have. They have mario, link, kirby, donkey kong, pikmin, star fox, subzero,samus, ect. I mean they list can go on really. It's just some get more games than others. That's it! 

Not very deep or anything. Just one simple reason why I am Nintendo Gamer and will always be one. I know some gamers say Nintendo is dying, but I think the opposite. They will always be around. 

Oh, Im not saying that the other systems are bad. ^^ I would like to own a playstation so I can play some Assassin Creed games. Then again when I get a desktop I can just buy the PC versions! XD
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Why I am Nintendo Gamer   Why I am Nintendo Gamer EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 6:41 pm

I've always been more fond of colorful fantasy type games than hardcore realistic games full of explosions and bloodshed, so Nintendo (and Sega when it was alive) were always my things. Plus, Nintendo systems (DS Lite aside) are near indestructible and almost never cause problems, whereas Playstation Systems frequently tend to refuse to play their own games.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Why I am Nintendo Gamer   Why I am Nintendo Gamer EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 6:44 pm

Yep! I dropped by Gameboy Color as a kid and that thing didnt break! Also when I sprayed lysol on my brother's N64's start button because I was sick. I didnt want him to get sick! I was trying to be a good sister! And well I turned on pokemon stadium and pikachu said its name a deep voice. I turned it off quickly and when I turned it back on, it was okay!
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2819

PostSubject: Re: Why I am Nintendo Gamer   Why I am Nintendo Gamer EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 7:43 pm

I love Nintendo so much more than the other companies.  I have to be in a very rare mood to pick up games from the other systems even though I have a PS2 and have access to both a PS3 and a XBox 360.  Games and anime are both a way for me to escape from reality have fun in different universes.  So many of the Playstation and XBox games don't do it for me.  Skyrim came close for a while and I have a soft spot for Portal, but I don't think I would game if Nintendo wasn't an option.  I do wish Nintendo could bring in some games from the big 3rd parties, though; if only to draw more people to their systems.
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Civilian
ToriJ
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 576

PostSubject: Re: Why I am Nintendo Gamer   Why I am Nintendo Gamer EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 7:49 pm

Mew Ami wrote:
Yep! I dropped by Gameboy Color as a kid and that thing didnt break! Also when I sprayed lysol on my brother's N64's start button because I was sick. I didnt want him to get sick! I was trying to be a good sister! And well I turned on pokemon stadium and pikachu said its name a deep voice. I turned it off quickly and when I turned it back on, it was okay!
I would have loved to have been there to witness that.

I always felt Nintendo had the best exclusives of the bunch and that was confirmed when I found out Mario was more recognizable than Mickey. The designer who created a lot of the classic Nintendo characters was a fan of Disney and that was his main inspiration when designing those characters so, there you go. Nintendo began another spike in the gaming world after things decline with the Atari from ET and the poorer receive home version of Pac Man. They continue to experiment with new things like the Wiimote, the Wii-U, the touchscreen with DS and 3D with the 3DS and you'll notice that Xbox and PlayStation tried to mimic the success of the Wii with their own versions as add-ons to their consoles. Though the Kinect was the only thing that survived through that. And people hate Kinect.

Nintendo are smart enough to appeal to children and casual gamers, something that neither PlayStation nor Xbox to my knowledge has been able to grab a hold to as strong as Nintendo has. As long as they keep doing that Nintendo will always have a place in the market. If I had kids I'd get them a Nintendo because the other systems just don't offer as much for a child as they do towards teens and young adults and no way am I letting them play COD or GTA >.> It's Nintendo or Minecraft make your choice.
Back to top Go down
http://torijreviews.blogspot.com/
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Why I am Nintendo Gamer   Why I am Nintendo Gamer EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 7:51 pm

Mew Ami wrote:
Yep! I dropped by Gameboy Color as a kid and that thing didnt break!
That's nothing. XD 

This thing survived being bombed, and aside from the screen melting, it still worked.

http://www.doobybrain.com/2008/02/26/this-original-game-boy-survived-the-gulf-war/
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Why I am Nintendo Gamer   Why I am Nintendo Gamer EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 7:58 pm

Hehe I heard about that game boy! Let be know that Nintendo systems can survive anything! 

Mia and Tori you guys make great points. Xbox and Playstation do alienated all types of gamers. They mostly care about appealing to gaming "jocks" who only care about the graphics and call of duty games. Though Playstation I heard has great RPGs. Does Xbox even have any RPGs games?
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Why I am Nintendo Gamer   Why I am Nintendo Gamer EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:10 pm

I haven't heard of rpgs exclusively for XBox...  One of the reasons I've never had any interest in XBox.  Playstation had Final Fantasy exclusivity for the longest time.  Nintendo needs more rpgs.  I didn't get to play Xenoblade because I didn't preorder and now it's an arm and a leg to buy.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Why I am Nintendo Gamer   Why I am Nintendo Gamer EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Yeah because they didnt make many copies here for the US. XD It was an arm and leg to get it here! Well Nintendo does have a lot rpgs but they mostly stay in Japan. XD
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Why I am Nintendo Gamer   Why I am Nintendo Gamer EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:15 pm

That's because of the expectation they won't sell here since everyone seems to love FPS so much.  It saddens me...
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Why I am Nintendo Gamer   Why I am Nintendo Gamer EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:16 pm

Because kids these days all they want to do is shoot thing!!!! Cheer
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Civilian
ToriJ
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 576

PostSubject: Re: Why I am Nintendo Gamer   Why I am Nintendo Gamer EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 10:39 pm

I have a couple of RPGs on the Xbox 360, but I don't know of many. Infinite Undiscovery is an Xbox exclusive last I checked and it was made by Square. If you look at mainstream games things can seem more narrow than what they are. Say FPS and you think Call of Duty and Battlefield. Say RPG and the first games to come to mind are Skyrim, Dragon Age, Mass Effect. But there are actually more variety if you know where to look. Steam's a good place for that.

And naturally I learn all about this only after my rant about how there doesn't seem to be as many games as there once was >.>
Back to top Go down
http://torijreviews.blogspot.com/
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Why I am Nintendo Gamer   Why I am Nintendo Gamer EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 1:46 pm

So they do have some? I just never seen any at stores. Or at least their box art doesnt catch me.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Why I am Nintendo Gamer   Why I am Nintendo Gamer EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:46 pm

Another reason why I love Nintendo:

http://yamichan16.tumblr.com/

Their successful! Yes they have been in consoles wars, but you know what maybe they learned from it? Today they just do their own thing and let Sony and Microsoft duke it out. XD
Back to top Go down
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

PostSubject: Re: Why I am Nintendo Gamer   Why I am Nintendo Gamer EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:56 pm

Why I am Nintendo Gamer Tumblr_mwukrrVC7J1qic5llo1_400
just gonna leave this here….
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I am Nintendo Gamer   Why I am Nintendo Gamer Empty

Back to top Go down

Why I am Nintendo Gamer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next