Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Magical Girl Video Games? Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Magical Girl Video Games? Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Magical Girl Video Games? Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Magical Girl Video Games? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Magical Girl Video Games? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Magical Girl Video Games? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Magical Girl Video Games? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Magical Girl Video Games? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Magical Girl Video Games? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Magical Girl Video Games? Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Magical Girl Video Games?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Magical Girl Video Games? Empty
PostSubject: Magical Girl Video Games?   Magical Girl Video Games? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 4:37 pm

So has anyone played any Magical Girl related video games? 

They're probably hard to get ahold of, Japanese and all, but I've played a few, mostly Sailor Moon games for the SNES. Emulators are a wonderful invention.

This one is a particular favorite of mine.

I recently tried the RPG Sailor Moon: Another Story, and I can't say I ever enjoyed it. It was repetitive and you either get wiped out by enemies with great ease, or you level up so far you wipe out anything in one hit.

Why isn't there a Precure fighting game yet? Or a side-scrolling beat-em-up? The world needs this.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Video Games?   Magical Girl Video Games? EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 5:49 pm

I played a little bit of Another Story. I know a lot SM fans love it for its story, but I couldnt get into it. Once I got to the Outers they were so under leveled and barely gain experience when I fought monsters. Plus I had no idea where I was going so I gave up.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Timer Rabbit
Civilian
Timer Rabbit
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 107

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Video Games?   Magical Girl Video Games? EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 10:09 pm

I only know "tropes" being used in various J-Games, so maybe to put a few...

Ar Tonelico franchise - Spawn about three games, and if I remember correctly, you can have one of the "Revyteils" support you, bonus dressed in costumes that had effects. They also sing, and the OST that my sister GUSHES A LOT were beautiful! Heavy on fanservice (not to my sister's fancy), with the 3rd installment being one of the best (and first on 3D) fanservice fluff ever... Surprisingly the fanbase favors the 2nd game the most. Oh there's a dating sim mini-game where it's a huge part of the overal game development (especially when ranking up their relationships outside these games).

Xenosaga - In the first game, there's a child character named M.O.M.O.. While the three games had her to become a archer, the first game is a huge homage to the Cardcaptor Sakura anime/manga, and even her human-blooded sister (she was an android) was named "Sakura". The first game had the ability to transform into different costumes that had different effects for the monster. It's really cute for M.O.M.O, but I think the overall first games her her... Suffer. (Effing pedo Albedo.)

Princess Debut - One of the very few kids J-Games imported and translated by Natsume games, you have this girl named Sabrina who was summoned by this fairy to come to the fairy-tale like world and help save the ball by dancing with one of the Prince's? It's a kid's "dating sim", so all what you choose is to get affection for the Prince until the day of the ball is up! It has a "follow the dot" music game, which reference to real dance moves in-game. Me and my sis manage to complete the game and got the different ending cards. It's that easy, but a pretty good magical girl novelty from the English-translated line.

I may mistake some of these facts or can't remember any more, but these are the titles I experienced, so yea.
Back to top Go down
http://girlwiththeflamingfist.tumblr.com
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Video Games?   Magical Girl Video Games? EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 12:49 pm

I haven't played many magical girl games myself (I'm impressed you guys got through alot of "another story" I gave up during Sailor Mars' quest)

but I was looking into some for maybe making a possible list of all of them (not counting tie-in games like Madoka Magica Portable or Sailor Moon Another Story, but a game that originated as a game if that makes sense)

So far I found:
Makeruna! Makendo (AKA-Kendo Rage)
Madou Monogatari
Oshare Majo Love & Berry
Magical Diary
Trouble Witches Neo
Shantae
Psycho Soldier
Syd of Valis
Galaxy Fraulein Yuna
Napple Tale: Arisa in Daydream (I'm pretty interested in playing this one tbh)
La Pucelle Tactics
Majokko Mari-chan no Kisekae Monogatari
Magical Pop'n
Mahou Shoujo Silky Lip
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

I basically looked through a big ol' list of "video games with female protagonists" and picked what I thought fit the bill. 
List any others that you think would be good additions!
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
Mewmewsakura
Civilian
Mewmewsakura
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 11

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Video Games?   Magical Girl Video Games? EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 4:05 pm

I highly suggest the Atelier series on the PS3.  In every game that comes out you play as a different teenage girl that uses alchemy.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Video Games?   Magical Girl Video Games? EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 7:06 pm

I have Atelier Annie for the DS. It's nice, but managing time is something that makes me very... antsy. I often fear that I've wasted more time than I should have and it just makes me nervous playing the game.

Fun fact: Annie is voiced by Ai Nonaka, voice of Kyouko Sakura.
Back to top Go down
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 159

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Video Games?   Magical Girl Video Games? EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 4:04 am

I've got Atelier Totori for the PS3. Pretty good from what I've played of it. But I'm hesitant that it'll spoil Atelier Rorona so I haven't played it much. Last time I checked it was only about $30 for the PSVita remake of Rorona on the PSN store (Which works for me because I love playing JRPGs on my Vita and it's hard to find the original cheap) so I should probably buy it.

I'm playing it in English and Totori is voiced by Cassandra Morris who played Kyubey in Madoka Magica. Ironically, Totori's Dad is voiced by Kyle Hebert who played Madoka's Dad. The roles they play in their respective stories are similarly insignificant.

I want a Precure fighting game so badly. Well, unless Cure Heart is ridiculously overpowered and hogs all the screentime.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Video Games?   Magical Girl Video Games? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 7:06 pm

*Slams open door*

Hey! You guys like Ojamajo Doremi? Do you like Pokemon? Of course you do!

HOWBOUT WE COMBINE THEM AND CREATE

THIS!

It's "Minarai Majo to MokoMoko Friends" a show about an apprentice witch learning to control cute little magic monsters and have them fight in a turn-base format
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Video Games?   Magical Girl Video Games? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 9:23 pm

That sounds strangely appealing, but sadly I HIGHLY doubt it's gonna reach the U.S., and unlike the DS, the 3DS is region locked. Laaaaaaaaame.
Back to top Go down
Serenity Magica
Civilian
Serenity Magica
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 45

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Video Games?   Magical Girl Video Games? EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 11:33 pm

While this isn't technically a magical girl game, this thread made me think of Hyrule Warriors.  I mean, most of the playable characters are women, and the only original character you can play without DLC is this gal

Magical Girl Video Games? 2Q==
I mean, she just screams magical girl!  (Which is probably why I use her whenever possible) Also, her plot is very similar to something in Sailor Stars
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magical Girl Video Games?   Magical Girl Video Games? Empty

Back to top Go down

Magical Girl Video Games?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1