Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Suite Precure Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Suite Precure Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Suite Precure Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Suite Precure Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Suite Precure Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Suite Precure Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Suite Precure Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Suite Precure Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Suite Precure Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Suite Precure Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Suite Precure

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Suite Precure Empty
PostSubject: Suite Precure   Suite Precure EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:46 am

First I would like to ask... why is this season so hated?

Aside from not being Heartcatch, one complaint I've heard is that the tsunami incident in 2011 drove the creators to change the originally dark tone of the series.

I started the show about a month ago and I'm already finished. I think I marathoned about six episodes a day. That is insane for me. Next to Ojamajo Doremi I have never marathoned a lengthy anime that much. But this show was just so enjoyable.

In the end I had to rate it a 9/10 because of sheer fun I had watching. The story and the ending were a little weak, but that hardly matters.

The only thing I can honestly say I don't care for is the length of transformations and finishing moves. It seems much longer than in other seasons, but of course I can skip those so it's no big deal.

There's not a single character in this whole show that I honestly dislike. Starting out I was especially fond of Siren, the black cat shape-shifter who serves as head of the villainous trio. Even without shape-shifting she proves to be one of the most brilliant tacticians I've ever seen.

I thought I would find Hummy annoying, but amazingly no. She's just adorable, a bit of an idiot but I can forgive it since she's so lovable.

The Cures themselves are all likable, though Hibiki and Kanade might get kind of annoying with their fighting, but after a while it becomes almost non-existent.

This show is one of a long list that includes Tokyo Mew Mew that has taught me not to judge something based on what everyone says. So yea, those of you who are holding back because you've heard so many negative things about Suite, give it a chance for yourself.
Back to top Go down
MintyKagi
Civilian
MintyKagi
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 501

Suite Precure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suite Precure   Suite Precure EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 2:22 am

I don't get all the hate either. Confused  I still have gripes with it, but they're usually the same things I have with most magical girl anime. I guess it's because those people started watching precure through Heartcatch and had their expectations set a bit too high for the next series. That's just my theory though...
Back to top Go down
http://chocomints-and-megucas.tumblr.com/
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Suite Precure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suite Precure   Suite Precure EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:02 pm

MintyKagi wrote:
I guess it's because those people started watching precure through Heartcatch and had their expectations set a bit too high for the next series. That's just my theory though...
Pretty valid theory. That was my main issue with Smile Precure, which was my second after Heartcatch. But at least Suite had some form of plot going on, instead of just being largely a filler season.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Suite Precure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suite Precure   Suite Precure EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Suite isnt that bad so I dont get the hate either. It has some flaws, but it's a charming series. I need to finish it. I stopped watching it when there were 4 episodes because I lost interest. I feel like the series would have been stronger if they kept the cure team A. trio or B. have Muse join the team before Beat. I feel like Muse jumped too late into the team. Or actually! C. have Muse not join the team at all and find out her identity at the end.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

Suite Precure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suite Precure   Suite Precure EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 8:56 am

So i'm currently making my way through Suite precure. It's a pretty fun show, for whatever reason I keep wanting to wanting to watch more XD

something about these characters I think.

trying to draw Cure Melody at the moment. I'm pretty sure her hair was conceived by demons...
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Love Interest
mercury_viola_rhapsody
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 216

Suite Precure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suite Precure   Suite Precure EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 7:00 pm

I probably would've liked this season better if the protagonist was anyone but Hibiki, for she (and I guess Kanade also, but I vastly prefer her), ended up annoying me so much that I skipped over everything before Cure Muse. (who is awesome and one of the few things I liked.)
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Suite Precure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suite Precure   Suite Precure EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 8:54 pm

From what I've read, the show was originally intended to be darker than Heartcatch, but when the 2011 tsunami incident happened, they hastily made the show lighter in tone in order to give people something optimistic to watch, at the expense of story depth.

Honestly I can't complain. If a show is fun and adorable I can't care too much what kind of story it has. A well written, deep and thought provoking story that ends up being boring or has unlikable characters is something I'm much less forgiving of.

And now I'm gonna talk about my issue with the show's ending.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mewmewsakura
Civilian
Mewmewsakura
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 11

Suite Precure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suite Precure   Suite Precure EmptyMon Jun 09, 2014 10:04 am

Suite Precure is my favorite season.  I have a soft spot for anime that has a music/idol theme.  Another reason why it's my favorite is because of hummy.  I love cat mascots in magical girl anime. Cheer
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

Suite Precure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suite Precure   Suite Precure EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 1:54 pm

SO I FINISHED SUITE PRECURE TODAY (still gotta watch that movie tho)

but yeah, I had heard complaints about the ending so I was expecting something bad, but no
that was a completely fine ending and sticking to the positive-thinking-vibes-gun was nice.
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Suite Precure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suite Precure   Suite Precure EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 2:00 pm

The movie is one of the few that is not only completely canon, but actually takes places at a specific point in the show.  Specifically...

Spoilered for people who haven't seen the TV series, but it's not movie spoilers.
Spoiler:

I can respect the ending. I would rather that happen than something darker in tone. All in all Suite was probably the season I had the most fun watching. The only thing that annoyed me to the point of showing genuine emotion was... 

(Latter half of series spoilers)
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Suite Precure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suite Precure   Suite Precure EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 2:05 pm

I need to finish this series. I actually consider dropping this when it started to air. I decided to stick with it after episode 3. 

Out of the precure series I have watched/tried to watch I find Suite very enjoyable. I love the music theme, the transformations, and the attacks. It's so magical girly! Hummy wasn't annoying and I liked all four girls. Although I wish Muse didn't join the team. I liked having a trio, but Muse is cute so I can let it slide.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 159

Suite Precure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suite Precure   Suite Precure EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 5:15 am

Recently a terrible flood happened where I live in Newcastle and I was without power until earlier today. I know I shouldn't complain because there were people who got it even worse than me but it was a real pain. 

I gave my old laptop to my Dad a few times so he could charge it at his workplace and bring it back to me at the end of the day. Since I had nothing to do but watch anime I was scrolling through my hard drive and I realised Suite Precure was still on there. I had initially decided to watch a bunch of Nisekoi since I also had that sitting on my hard drive for a while but honestly I am SUPER glad I didn't. And eventually I was just watching it non stop managing to get through more than 20 episodes in two days. I still haven't finished it yet, but I'm now on episode 38 and plan to finish the series by tonight.

All I can say is... wow. I couldn't stand the first few episodes when I initially watched them a while back yet I'm really getting into this. What makes this show such a departure from what I've come to expect is that where everyone stands is completely different now than it is at the start.

At the start you've got Kanade and Hibiki bickering while going up against the minor trio led by Siren and Mephisto with Cure Muse/Ako sitting on the sidelines. Later on Kanade and Hibiki start getting along with each other and then Siren has a change of heart making it the three of them against Mephisto and the minor trio. Then later on Mephisto has a change of heart as Ako reveals herself and joins the Precure making it Muse, Beat, Rhythm, and Melody (Who are all great friends at this point) up against Bassdrum and Baritone led by Falsetto trying to bring to life an even greater evil. Apart from Bassdrum and Baritone (Who, despite some physical changes, are still just lackeys) basically everyone is in a different position to where they were at the start.

One thing I also find remarkable is that there's actually very little filler. While the little episodic adventures in Smile backed up by great moral lessons are nice and all, I really like how almost every episode in Suite has some sort of development. It actually uses its length to its advantage instead of wasting it on episodes where Hibiki and Hummy swap bodies or Ako tries to get over her fear of carrots. It's pretty much the exact opposite to Doki where even the moments that seemed like big developments just ended up being filler.

The foreshadowing is nice too. I knew a lot of things were going to happen in advance since I'm terrible at avoiding spoilers. But trying to pick out the points where they laid all the clues (Like the headphones Mephisto wore all the time, or the fact that Ako and Cure Muse are never in the same scene as each other) was a lot of fun.

Also, isn't Ako just the cutest thing ever?
Suite Precure EaOWGon
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Suite Precure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suite Precure   Suite Precure EmptyFri Apr 24, 2015 8:08 pm

I have to admit I found the conflicts at the beginning a little aggravating. Conflicts involving stubborn or hotheaded characters tend to aggravate me quite a bit, especially when it feels painfully obvious that the character is in the wrong, but they're just too stupid to grasp it. It feels like a conflict that shouldn't have existed, but does.

And yes, Ako is just precious. Especially in her princess outfit.

Suite Precure Suiteako2

She was one of the main reasons I watched this season, and I was bummed that for the majority of it her role is simply to pop in for one little season and sass everyone. At least it's better than the Aguri situation in Doki.
Back to top Go down
Arcane
Civilian

Civilian

Coffee Beans : 93

Suite Precure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suite Precure   Suite Precure EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 12:09 pm

Well, it didn't convince me at the beginning too, but later on i saw it as one of my favourite seasons of the show. And well, since i heard bad things about the ending, i expected the worst, and well, it wasn't that bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suite Precure Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suite Precure   Suite Precure Empty

Back to top Go down

Suite Precure

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1