Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney   Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 6:12 pm

I heard of the new game! I've seen a scan about the game. I like the idea of it being in a different time period. We could get some neat cases. The Phoenix look alike is a relative of Phoenix. 

I hope it gets translated for the US. Apparently since our games are set in LA it might be harder to localize which is complete bullshit to me. Just say Phoenix's family are from Japan! Besides Maya's background and hometown kind of gives off the vibe that they don't live in Japan despite their attempt to make the setting in America. XD
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney   Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 12:27 am

The time has finally come. A while back a group of fans begun translating the second Edgeworth Investigations game and all five cases have been translated. It's apparently still in the beta stages but I'm on the tail-end of case 3 and I haven't run into any errors or anything.

They even went so far as to edit the "OBJECTION!" type bubbles, and swap the Japanese audio for the English ones with characters like Edgeworth who appeared in previous games. New characters that have audio clips are apparently made by fans. Some sound really good, some sound bad, and the new judge lady's "OVERRULED!" sounds paaaaaaaaaaaaaainfully British.

The Logic Chess mechanic is much less complicated than it seems. It's basically a matter of choosing multiple choice questions and waiting for the opponent to stop throwing a tantrum. There is a time limit, but it only goes down when you're on the screen with the multiple choice questions and you haven't picked anything yet.

Other than that it's conventions are very much the same as the first one. You still have to piece together bits of information in logic mode, walk around the screen to examine things and use the deduce feature to point out contradictions in the crime scene.

Meanwhile our favorite blue suit wearing defense attorney has had two new releases recently. First is the Professor Layton crossover, which apparently deserved a physical release for some reason. Not sure why considering (as far as I'm aware) Professor Layton's series is even more obscure than Ace Attorney. At least the latter is well known for it's iconic OBJECTION! poses and speech bubbles.

Then there's a 3DS re-release of the first three games. It features updated "HD" graphics similar to those of the android release of the games, and is only available digitally.  The HD designs of the characters look a lot weirder than the in the DS games, and since I have the DS copies of all three of those games already, I'll be passing on that one. I'm still on the fence about Layon x Wright since I've played the first Layton game and found it really boring.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney   Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 7:49 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah happy day for us lawyer fans.

The 6th Entry in the main series has just been announced! And it's already confirmed for a Western release. I would just love if it was physical but I'll take what I can get.

Ace Attorney Wiki wrote:
The game stars Phoenix Wright, who travels to a foreign country and gets involved in various incidents there. The country's people seem to hold a belief in the existence of spirits in the physical plane, a concept previously only used with the Fey clan.

Sounds interesting. As long as Phoenix is the main character I don't even mind if the others don't show up. I was kinda bummed he had to share so much of the spotlight with Apollo and Athena. Wouldn't mind another appearance from precious Pearl though.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney   Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 9:04 pm

What happened to the game that took place in the past?
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney   Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 11:11 pm

It was released in Japan last month I believe. No word on a localization, which would undoubtedly be a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney   Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 10:23 am

They could do it. I really want to see that game.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney   Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 06, 2016 4:13 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 Tumblr_o3lqmcuQZ71u9srxeo1_500

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney   Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 12:42 am

OMG YES!!
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney   Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 11:06 pm

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_o567c4SBuR1ryx305_500

Well this is a surprise! Didn't expect to see her again.

And according to Court-Records, a popular site for pre-release info, Ema succeeded in becoming a forensic investigator, and we're going to have those features like examining evidence and fingerprint analysis again. Neat.

Now all I need is for Gumshoe to be confirmed to return and life with be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney   Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 11:08 pm

I know I saw!! I'm excited for her.

I'm currently working on the last case in AA:TT. Then I can got back and finish Apollo and move on to Dual!
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney   Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 6:43 pm

I finally finished the third game. Oh boy the final case was a doozy! I did not see any of that coming! There were some hints, but I wouldn't be able to get through the case without a guide.

Now I'm going to move on to Apollo! I have played it before, but stop due to wanting to beat the earlier entries. I played the first game and Apollo on an emulator. I think I went to Apollo next because I couldn't find JFA and TAT Roms? Or I felt bad and wanted to do the right thing and buy the games. XD

Now to hunt down Apollo or just borrow it from a friend. I wish they would release Apollo on the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney   Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2016 3:49 pm

So I'm playing through the fan translation of Kenji 2 (Second Edgeworth Investigations) again, and I have to say... I'm really disappointed that the main series doesn't really acknowledge them.

I'm actually starting to think that I like the Investigations games better than the main series. The first four games had a bit of a problem with not knowing where to go, what tiny pixels need to be examined in order to get the ball rolling, what evidence to present to who, and such.

Another thing I really like is that all of the cases in either game are at least partially relevant to the main plot. The main series has a bit of a problem with its story structure.

-First case is usually a simple one for introductory purposes.
-Second introduces the assistant, prosecutor and some basic plot elements.
-Third case is purely filler and generally the weakest in terms of writing (TURNABOUT BIG TOP)
-Fourth case gets the ball rolling and brings back plot points.
-And if the fourth isn't the last, the fifth will wrap it all up... mostly.

Later games after the first two make the first case at least important to the plot, but aside from Turnabout Academy in Dual Destinies, their third cases only provide very minor development for the prosecutors.

A handful of characters introduced in the investigation games are among my favorites in the entire series, such as Detective Badd and Agent Lang, and they did a good job of making Franziska somewhat likable, whereas her re-appearance in the third game still had her come off as smug and devoid of any change from her debut. 

The second game in particular does a lot of justice to Detective Gumshoe that previous titles were sorely lacking in.
This doesn't spoil any plot details:

Mechanics like the logic connections, deducing contradictions and the second game's Logic Chess all make for refreshing (if slight) changes to the tried and true formula of the series as well. They also might be the most visually appealing games in the series even more than Dual Destinies.

If there's one thing I think the second game was lacking in, it's the music. The first one's OST is gorgeous and has a very prominent piano influence, which is perfect because it's classy, like Edgeworth. The second game opts for a more digital sound, particularly noticeable in the pursuit theme.

Another thing, and this is just my personal opinion, but as much as I like Kay, I think she either needed to be removed, or given a more prominent story arc. In the first game she only really appears in two cases (Sans the flashback) and one of them is deeply tied to her backstory. She also had a lot more opportunities to be helpful.

In GK2 all of that is pretty much over, so Kay has little purpose other than to be the cute teen girl sidekick, who is present in every case of the game. And I know there was some of this in the previous game, but her increased screen time and decreased importance in the second game results makes her come off as flanderized. 

Unless it's strictly plot important, every word out of her mouth is something along the lines of "I'm gonna steal this/I'm gonna be a great thief" or something of that fashion, to the point that it gets tiresome and makes her seem one note. And with the large amount of characters assisting Edgeworth, she tends to just kinda be... there.

It would be nice if Capcom localized the second one, but it's been four years and after the changes of staff over there, it's not likely. Physical copy is unlikely, but at least the folks who can't do emulators would have SOMETHING.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney   Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 7:09 pm

So Ace Attorney 6 now has a name "Spirit of Justice" and will be released in the U.S. this September, digital only of course.

And this twitter post has a picture that makes me VERY happy.

https://twitter.com/MyNintendoNews/status/730424332300619777
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney   Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 7:17 pm

OMg!! Yes!! Gumshoe!! :D
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney   Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 11:42 am

Aaand unfortunately that Gumshoe pic was fake. I've now beaten the game and he doesn't appear at all.

I think this is probably the one Ace Attorney game that I have the most polarizing thoughts on. Like not terrible or great, but a lot of things I liked and a lot that I disliked. A lot of potential I felt was wasted and I'm actually kind of hoping the series bows out while it's still good. If there's one plus I can give it over say... Dual Destinies, it's that it upped the challenge factor significantly, not giving you as many hints as DD did.

On a side note, I've finally upgraded to a "New" 3DS XL, and something about the 3D feature makes the character models look like 2D sprites. It feels like an interesting nod to the classic DS games.

Impending rant below:

And that's the story. Apologies if this got too long, or goes unread because spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney   Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next