Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Princess Tutu Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Princess Tutu Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Princess Tutu Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Princess Tutu Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Princess Tutu Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Princess Tutu Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Princess Tutu Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Princess Tutu Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Princess Tutu Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Princess Tutu Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Princess Tutu

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Princess Tutu Empty
PostSubject: Princess Tutu   Princess Tutu EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 9:42 pm

"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness; may those who defy it be granted glory."

Princess Tutu is already 10 years old, and only in recent years has anyone really even noticed it. I myself only discovered it February of last year. 

Where was this anime all my life?

Princess Tutu is the story of a character by the name of Ahiru/Duck. Odd name yes, except this girl is literally a duck. She discovers that she has been transformed into a human and further transforms into a character from an old story by the name of Princess Tutu.

Ahiru is smitten with "her Prince" a white haired emotionless boy named Mytho, who is in fact the prince of a story. When the author died, the characters leaked out of the story.

Princess Tutu wants to help the prince reclaim the shards of his heart, his emotions, oblivious to the fact that she's being set on the path to despair. You see, the author of the story, a creeeeepy guy by the name of Drosselmeyer, despite having apparently died, has contained this humble town in his story, and is trying to steer it into the ultimate tragedy.

This show seems a little silly at first, being a shoujo story about ballet, but it's actually one of the deepest, most intelligent and beautiful stories I have ever seen. There's so much ballet, fairy tale and classical music symbolism in this story it honestly blows my mind to read about all these things.

I can't recommend this underrated gem any harder, don't let the ballet themes deter you from watching, it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

Princess Tutu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Princess Tutu   Princess Tutu EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:34 am

I love this anime. I really do. I found it a couple of years ago and I honestly can't believe that it's ten years old.
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
Timer Rabbit
Civilian
Timer Rabbit
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 107

Princess Tutu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Princess Tutu   Princess Tutu EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Before PMMM... THIS is the anime me and my sis were gushing about! We were fortunate to have them rented by a friend who also got into it (before for some reason now they have ended their friendship). Very shoujo-ey and full of ballet, but I love to listen to classical music in animated features or episodes, and this one does it pretty well!

I herd this year that Princess Tutu (in Japan) get s a Blu-Ray rerelease, so there's some hope in the overseas fandom...
Back to top Go down
http://girlwiththeflamingfist.tumblr.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Princess Tutu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Princess Tutu   Princess Tutu EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 8:44 am

Am I the only one who isn't disappointed with the ending in the slightest? People who don't like the ending tend to be upset for two reasons.

1 ) SHIPPING.
Some feel that she should have won Mytho in the end. While I do think the pairing is nice, I feel it needs to be mentioned that Ahiru herself questioned the idea when she came to the conclusion that what she merely felt was outward infatuation. Not to mention that she would disappear if she confessed feelings for him.

2 ) Ahiru returning to being just a normal duck.
I can respect the "Be true to yourself" message here. Ahiru is a duck, that is who she is and her status as a human only came at the cost of depriving Mewtwo of a piece of his heart. But as many have pointed out before it doesn't necessarily mean the end of her association with the other characters, or the end of her love of dancing.

Honestly, I don't think it makes too much of a difference. It's not like there was room for another season or anything.
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

Princess Tutu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Princess Tutu   Princess Tutu EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:07 am

The reason I always see the "I want another season/different ending" because of a combination of those two reasons - Ahiru getting with Fakir in 0% Bestial way. Which, I'm reaaaally in the minority of liking Ahiru & Fakir as just best friends. But I understand why the ship is popular.

I think the ending they went with was great personally. they stuck to their message and gave the characters a completely happy ending that they earned.
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
sailorpandabear
Love Interest
sailorpandabear
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 259

Princess Tutu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Princess Tutu   Princess Tutu EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 3:42 am

i love this anime too. it was awesome. it was also emotional for me.
Back to top Go down
Zoey900
Civilian
Zoey900
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 15

Princess Tutu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Princess Tutu   Princess Tutu EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 3:09 pm

I watched it and it was awesome! I barely knew anything about it in the beginning. I started watching it due to my obssesion with ballet related stuff (no, I don't practice it or anything but I love the dance). Then of course I fell in love with it. Too bad there aren't many ballet related shows :( (or maybe there are but I don't know any besides this one). My favourite character is Rue and I was really happy that she got her happy ending despite having her alter ego, Princess Kraehe, being the main villain in the story.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Princess Tutu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Princess Tutu   Princess Tutu EmptyThu Sep 07, 2017 12:38 am

15th Anniversary Blu Ray release ahoy!

While I'm not crazy about Blu Ray, and gladly settle for DVDs, this is interesting news. I already own the 2011 era release of the series on DVD (the one with the awful stack-pack), so I'm pretty content with that. No word yet on if this is coming state side though.

And apparently they released the series again last year. Makes me a little doubtful that we'll get the Blu Ray release so soon. Either way I'm just glad the series isn't being forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Princess Tutu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Princess Tutu   Princess Tutu Empty

Back to top Go down

Princess Tutu

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1