Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
General Talk! - Page 16 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
General Talk! - Page 16 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
General Talk! - Page 16 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
General Talk! - Page 16 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
General Talk! - Page 16 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
General Talk! - Page 16 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
General Talk! - Page 16 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
General Talk! - Page 16 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
General Talk! - Page 16 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
General Talk! - Page 16 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

General Talk!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 93

General Talk! - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 16 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:05 pm

The thing I like about forums is that the format is pretty much set up to have discussions and theorize and role play or whatever. You don't quite get that on Pinterest (although the fandom community there is pretty nice and strong), or Tumblr, or anywhere else. It's also a lot more specific for one thing.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 16 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:08 pm

Yeah I don't get roleplaying on Tumblr especially Twitter.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 16 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:16 pm

How would that even work on Twitter? You can only post 140 characters so the posts would be really awkward and choppy. I see a lot of RP stuff on Pinterest too, apparently it works well there (of course there is a group message system so that's likely part of it).
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 16 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 10:21 pm

I don't know to be honest. I had a friend you did a K-pop idol RP on twitter. She explained to me, but I don't remember.
Back to top Go down
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend
SquadmemberRitsu
Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 159

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 16 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 11:10 pm

RLinksoul wrote:

WatchMojo is known to do anime related videos very poorly, not putting a whole lot of research into their subject matter. Now they've done one on Magical Girl shows.

I have to say I'm surprised by the variety counted here. This is so much better than that poll in Japan a few years back where the entire list was dominated by Nanoha and Madoka characters. One major flaw though is the exclusion of witches, since shows like Ojamajo Doremi very much count as magical girl shows.

Ugh. That dub for CCS is painful. Sakura sounds exactly like every soulless "little girl" voice in an anime dub ever. Still. I'm definitely okay with her position on the ranking. Although I definitely think she should have been higher than Sailor Moon. I kinda expected SM to be #1 though, being the most famous title in the genre and everyone's go-to comparison for anything magical girl.

Not one Precure character though? I'd say I'm surprised, but Precure must not be all that well known in the west.
So I know I'm late to respond to this but my God this video was dumb.

So they're sponsored by Crunchyroll... yet they use fansubbed clips from Shugo Chara which you can watch legally on Crunchyroll. Good job as always Watchmojo.

They're also also really inconsistent when it comes to picking dubs or subs. First I thought they might have decided based on the quality of the dub but the fact that they used a clip from Sentai's awful Prisma Illya dub tells me that's probably not the case.

Granted Watchmojo are typically really bad with anime videos since their writers don't actually know anything about anime. I remember one of their videos where they talked about worst dubs bringing up how Negima got three dubs by 'Funimation, Xebec and Shaft' (You know, the animation studios). Also one of the list items was a fandub.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 16 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 11:21 pm

Yeah, the way they went back and forth between subs and dubs was weird. I too thought they were going for sub son folder shows with worse dubs but then they had the Revolutionary Girl Utena clips dubbed, and I hear that wasn't too good. They also insisted on using Sailor Scouts for the Sailor Senshi... No. Just no.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 16 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 9:34 pm

Welp. The day has finally come.

Just bought myself a Wii U on ebay. That is to say... ONLY the system. It's brand new black one with Mario Kart 8 installed in it and all of the DLC.

And since my Wii's sensor bar will work for it, and I already have an HDMI cable, all I need is the power cable and the ungodly expensive game pad.

I've been told NOT to get a used one because the touch screen is super sensitive and a scratch on it can mess with its performance.

Shame I can't just buy a pro controller, as the gamepad is required to change the settings and start up games. It's really dumb. I mean this system can use Wii remotes, so why not just let me start up a game with that, and switch to the pro controller?
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 16 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 9:41 pm

You can start up games with the Pro controller. Hit the X button and the menus will switch places.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 16 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 10:12 pm

But would I be able to set up the system without the gamepad? Cause it's brand new.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 16 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2016 10:19 pm

Oh no. You need the gamepad I believe.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 3:45 pm

Ended up springing for a refurbished gamepad, which comes with its charger cable. That and the power cable for the system are on the way. I thought I was being super clever buying it online in fragments, without the other equipment, but it turns out I'm not really saving all that much. Maybe the price of tax.

So it'd be $318 in store with the tax.
And I'm getting it all for $304. Brilliant. 

And now I have to wait for it to be shipped.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 4:15 pm

Should of just get new. XD
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 7:29 pm

Gamepad finally showed up. Got the Wii U all set up and now comes the surprisingly lengthy process of downloading the Mario Kart 8 DLC. I play soon.

And apparently this thing doesn't use friend codes. Just Nintendo Network IDs? Anyway mine is the same as my username here.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 11, 2016 7:43 pm

Yep. They made it simple on the Wii U. My is Yamichan16! My current nickname is Ladybug. XD
Back to top Go down
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat
Chat de la Lune
Cafe Cat

Coffee Beans : 11249

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 16 EmptyMon Jul 18, 2016 6:09 am

I am not dead i promise... just graduate student.... this is not living..
Back to top Go down
http://moonkingdomforums.forumotion.com/forum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Talk!   General Talk! - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Talk!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next