Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sakuranbo
Best Friend

Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 142

Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series Empty
PostSubject: Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series   Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series EmptyThu Jul 19, 2018 10:13 pm

Hi everyone! I wanted to make a thread about this other American Sailor Moon series that is different from the ToonMakers version of Sailor Moon called Team Angel. I have also posted about this on The Galaxy Cauldron Forum as well. Team Angel is a 1998 live action series that was supposed to replace the ToonMakers version of Sailor Moon and be shown on TV, but it was never released. There is a video about the Team Angel series that shows the opening and what the show looks like. If you have seen the Team Angel video, what do you think about the series? and do you think the show should have been on TV or no?

Here is a link to the article about Team Angel: https://kotaku.com/we-tried-to-uncover-the-long-lost-american-sailor-moon-1827695456
Back to top Go down
Mew Marshmallow
Civilian
Mew Marshmallow
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 517

PostSubject: Re: Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series   Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 6:11 pm

I think if the anime hadn't been localised there would be a lot less anime fans around compared to what we have, it along with DBZ really helped with getting it out into the western market. I was a little too young to see Sailor Moon when it was initially released (I'm a CCS baby haha) but I have watched the first season.

If this live action version was released instead then I doubt as many people would have tried other anime in the future, as well as less anime being translated for the child audience.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series   Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series EmptyFri Jul 27, 2018 8:01 pm

Holy crap. That was the 90s for you. It would fit with some of the shows airing at the time. I'm glad we got the bad 90s dub instead.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Sakuranbo
Best Friend

Best Friend

PostSubject: Re: Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series   Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 8:33 pm

Mew Marshmallow wrote:
I think if the anime hadn't been localised there would be a lot less anime fans around compared to what we have, it along with DBZ really helped with getting it out into the western market. I was a little too young to see Sailor Moon when it was initially released (I'm a CCS baby haha) but I have watched the first season.

If this live action version was released instead then I doubt as many people would have tried other anime in the future, as well as less anime being translated for the child audience.

Yeah that is true and I agree that there wouldn't be a lot of Anime fans if Team Angel ever aired on TV, plus a lot people won't even know about the Magical Girl series that are made in Japan either. It would have been terrible if no one knows about Anime and it would have been hard for some people in the West to watch a lot of Anime series that are not translated into English or any other Western language.

Last edited by Sakuranbo on Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sakuranbo
Best Friend

Best Friend

PostSubject: Re: Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series   Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series EmptySat Jul 28, 2018 8:37 pm

Mew Ami wrote:
Holy crap. That was the 90s for you. It would fit with some of the shows airing at the time. I'm glad we got the bad 90s dub instead.

I agree and yeah I'm glad that we got the terribly censored 90s dub too instead of Team Angel and/or the ToonMakers version of Sailor Moon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series   Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series Empty

Back to top Go down

Team Angel: Another American Sailor Moon series

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1