Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  Empty
PostSubject: my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations    my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 8:26 pm

The of one things that bugs about these anime continuations is the updated technology. Like for example the new CCS anime. Sakura is using a smartphone! The old anime ended in 2000. At the end of the anime I believe Sakura was in year 5 of elementary school. Then in the second movie it was during the summer of her sixth year. So since the new anime takes place in her first year of middle school it should be the year 2002.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2819

PostSubject: Re: my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations    my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 1:04 am

Lol. I'm not as bothered. Tomoyo gave Sakura and Kero cell phones in the original. Maybe Tomoyo's mom upgraded them.

To me, it's way more bothersome in series that continue for more than five years that want to keep up with the tech. You'd hate Detective Conan (Case Closed). It's been going on so long (since the 90's) that there were giant block cell phones and a case that required a fax machine early in the series. Now they all have iPhones. And the author insists that it's still been less than a year in manga time.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations    my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 1:24 am

WTF!!! That's awful!

As for cellphones in the old CCS anime. Cellphones were a thing during that time. In fact they were really common in Japan. Pokemon Crystal which came out in 2000 in Japan had a cellphone event. By connecting your phone to your Gameboy Color you could trigger the Celebi event.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations    my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 11:20 am

The part that caught my attention was the fact that Tomoyo's still carrying around a camcorder. Who uses those anymore? People just pull out their fancy tablet phones and record everything with the camera on that.

my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  3flj4Lb

my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  Q04j3Cu

It does seem to be a more modern one compared to the one she used in the previous anime. Probably doesn't even use cassettes and instead just uploads the videos digitally with a USB cable or something. I feel like it wouldn't be out of character for her to prefer using one of these to get the absolute best video quality, feeling that a phone just can't do that.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations    my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 11:28 am

The modern camera still makes sense. People who want high end photographs will use a camera instead of a phone. There's so much a phone can do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations    my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations  Empty

Back to top Go down

my biggest pet peeve about anime continuations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1