Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Conflicting Emotions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2819

Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conflicting Emotions    Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 6:22 pm

Gabriel sighed in defeat and moved on to the next measurement. "Formality is important in business.  There are colleagues and clients that do not appreciate informality. Obviously, you're not one of them.."
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Conflicting Emotions    Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 8:34 pm

Iris rolled her eyes and started to play with her hair. "You sound like my father. That's all he ever talks about these days. Once I'm done with school he wants me to have the company." she looked annoyed now. "I constantly tell him that I don't want to. I have my own dream. I want to run a small boutique and sell my own creations! I wish he would understand. He thinks it's silly.."
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Conflicting Emotions    Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 11:05 pm

Gabriel stared at Iris while reassessing his opinion of her.  She was the first student connected to a well-known designer he'd ever had that didn't want to take the easy route of using their relative's assets to succeed. She actually wanted to make something of herself on her own terms. And her father was trying to discourage her so she would be stuck in his shadow for the rest of her life?

"I don't see why he thinks it's silly you want to create your own business... He should be proud you're working hard to do what you want."
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Conflicting Emotions    Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 11:48 pm

She shrugged. "He just doesn't see the point since we have 'the family business'." She did air quotes along with it. "It sucks.." Iris gasped slightly. "Sorry about all of this. I didn't mean to open up like this. I must be boring you."
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Conflicting Emotions    Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Gabriel shook his head. "Not at all. I respect people who want to work to succeed in life. Most people in your position would take the company and leech off of their parent's success."  He took down the final measurement as he spoke and then put the measuring tape down on his table. "There we go. I've got all the measurements I need."
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Conflicting Emotions    Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 16, 2016 10:11 pm

Iris smiled at Gabriel. Now she had three people on her side. Lori and sister, Elise supported her dreams. She glanced down at her ring as he was putting the measuring tape on the table. She frowned at it. Beau should support her of all people, but he agree with her father. She sighed and looked up at him. "So is that it?"

Last edited by Mew Ami on Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Conflicting Emotions    Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 10:56 pm

Gabriel nodded. "I have the measurements I need. The next thing I'll have for you is a dress. As I said before, you won't see it until it's ready for fitting and any tweaks that may be needed."
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Conflicting Emotions    Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2016 11:28 pm

"Oh, alright." she stood there awkwardly. Iris really didn't want to go. For some reason she wanted to keep talking to him. Maybe it was because he understood her dreams? An idea hit her. "Would you like to get lunch?"
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Conflicting Emotions    Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 10:23 pm

Gabriel paused as he considered her invitation. Why was she asking him to lunch? Surely, it wasn't a good idea for a male professor to eat lunch with a female student. Still... He really wouldn't mind having a little company for lunch.. "Sure. Did you have a place in mind?"
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Conflicting Emotions    Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 11:03 pm

"Nope!" she said with a smile. She was thrilled that he said yes. Iris thought he would say no. "How about you pick? It's my treat!"
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Conflicting Emotions    Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 1:31 am

Gabriel shook his head. "You don't have to pay," he said before turning and heading to the door, motioning her to follow.  He knew a nice cafe nearby that both had good food and wasn't too terribly expensive.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Conflicting Emotions    Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 1:35 am

She followed him out the door. "But I want to. You're taking time out of your busy schedule to make me a dress." She gave him a smile.

When they arrive at the cafe, they sat down at a table outside. Iris couldn't stop smiling. It has been awhile since she felt this happy. In a way she felt like she was making friends with Gabriel. A friend you support her dreams! Now to get to know him more. She wanted this friendship to actually blossom. "So why did you decide to teach?"
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Conflicting Emotions    Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 12:07 am

Gabriel tapped a finger on the table as he thought about his response. How much, if anything, did he want to tell her?  He was typically closed off and unwilling to share personal things like failure.  It was probably worse if he were to tell her that her father was part of the reason.  

He shrugged. "The industry is very competitive.  Designing just wasn't in the cards for me when I graduated.  So I needed some source of income."
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Conflicting Emotions    Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 12:12 am

"What!?" she said in disbelief. "From what I've seen you're a great designer. Very creative! It would be foolish not to hire you!"
Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Miakemi
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Conflicting Emotions    Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 23, 2016 12:32 am

He shrugged again, scanning the cafe area for their server. No one had come to their table yet. "Well, not everyone feels that way. There's always going to be someone better, after all."  Even so, the rejection still stung, even if he refused to admit it.

The waiter came by and took their orders a moment later before rushing off to fill them.  "I am glad you like them, though."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conflicting Emotions    Conflicting Emotions  - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Conflicting Emotions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magical Girl Cafe  :: Cosplay Cafe :: Cafe Stage :: Noob Cafe-