Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» Magical Girls: The unprotected dimension
by sailorpandabear Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:56 am

» Ashes of The Phoenix
by Miakemi Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:03 am

» Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 3)
by Miakemi Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:37 am

» Magical Girl Christmas Pics!
by RLinksoul Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:25 pm

» Hi there
by CCSakuraGermany Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:54 am

» Hello!
by Mew Ami Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:10 pm

» Black Clover RP
by Zadi Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:15 am

» Things Never to Say to a Magical Girl Fan
by sailorpandabear Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:19 am

» Anniversary Project Announced!
by Silent_Magical_Girl Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:00 am

» Magical Stage Fancy Lala
by Silent_Magical_Girl Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:51 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 0 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 32 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:57 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Share | .

Life Wasting App Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SaintGamer19
Civilian
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 17

PostSubject: Life Wasting App Games   Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:38 pm

So my dad is opening up a new auto repair shop, and I'm spending long hours away from my computer games and other time wasters doing menial labor. To help me get used to working like a normal working class citizen, I've gotten an Android phone game called "Magic Guardians" which isn't really a game so much as an interactive story line. 
You get to dress up your own witch girl and then follow the events that happen to a little witch named Lily. There's a lot of complaints about the energy system (you can only do so many actions before you have to wait for a recharge) and it is all true. Freaking butterflies come by every 6 hours and the only way to speed it up is to water your marigolds (which speeds it up by only 5 minutes and only when it needs water). Luckily, this is good for me since I can't actually play the story in the garage. I get to build up all my energy for playing the story at night.
The story is pretty good so far. You live in a house/pharmacy with your aunt and grandma, and basically have the typical small town middleschooler life style but with magic and mystery. There are a multitude of spelling and vocabulary mistakes which I find funny, but the gist is always gotten across. It costs extra energy for more active choices (though it railroads a bit), which are really fun. This however makes it very bothersome for people who want to continue the story at a normal person's pace.
Maybe try it out?
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 12936

PostSubject: Re: Life Wasting App Games   Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:20 am

Sounds fun! I guess it's Free to play? Does it need the internet to play? I know some games like Sailor Moon Drops need an internet connection in order to play the game.

Love  Chat De Lune's Forum Wife  Love   Cool Miakemi's RL BBF Cool
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
SaintGamer19
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Life Wasting App Games   Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:29 am

Naw, this game works offline. Though it has payment aspects (clothing, get extra energy, remove ads). 
The bad part is that butterflies (how you get your energy) comes every 6 hours and sticks around for a few seconds. Which means often times you miss it. An increasingly bad handicap to the story.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

PostSubject: Re: Life Wasting App Games   Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:44 am

I'm intrigued, though, the butterflies thing worries me -- I'm horrible at remembering to do stuff. I can't even commit to scheduling an appointment to visit my villagers in Animal Crossing... I always forget, even when the appointment is only 40 minutes away.

Is it on iOS? To be honest, I doubt I'd be able to play it... My dinky little iPod can't even run MiiTomo. Cry
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
SaintGamer19
Civilian
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: Life Wasting App Games   Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:49 pm

Haha I'm still checking the butterfly thing out. The story seems worth it but I'd say the butterfly energy system turns the experience from 5 stars to 3 stars. I almost wish it was a paid app of around $2 rather than feeling like I need to buy the 99¢ bonus butterflies. I can't say it's worthwhile until I beat it
Edit:
Apparently the bonus butterflies are $1.99, and that there is a conceivable "purchase 30 butterflies" which is now increasingly worrying. But no worries, found out you can watch 3 ads for butterflies every 24ish hours. So I guess that will get you at a pace of a chapter and a half a day (which is slow considering I got it two days ago and already finished 5 chapters and only experiencing the lack of energy now)

Edit#2: just as I was giving up, I remembered the only game play element this app has. It has dozens of puzzles. There's a encyclopedia that unlocks pages as you read the story, but not really. You unlock pages that have a puzzle that must be solved to reveal the information. It's pretty fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life Wasting App Games   

Back to top Go down

Life Wasting App Games

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1