Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» To Catch A Thief
by Miakemi Yesterday at 11:58 pm

» Conflicting Emotions
by Mew Ami Yesterday at 11:28 pm

» Miraculous Ladybug: Broken Bonds (Part 2)
by Mew Ami Yesterday at 11:25 pm

» Miraculous Ladybug
by Mew Ami Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:26 pm

» Check out my tumblr account!
by jurirenee2015 Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:49 am

» Magical Girls: The unprotected dimension
by sailorpandabear Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:21 am

» Pokemon: Sun and Moon
by magical-pudding Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:15 pm

» What are you watching right now?
by sailorpandabear Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:54 pm

» Pokemon!
by magical-pudding Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:47 pm

» Better to watch airing or wait until completion?
by magical-pudding Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:48 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 32 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:57 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Share | .

Miraculous Mermaid

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 12500

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Mermaid    Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:52 pm

Marinette sat up and rubbed her eyes. She must have fallen asleep. She noticed the sun was getting high in the sky. It was probably lunch time. Marinette stood up and headed home. Someone probably noticed her absense which meant she would be in trouble.

As Marinette walked away from the rock a little turtle climbed up on it. He smiled as he watched her leave the beach. When she was gone, the turtle dove back into the water. He swam until he reached an underwater cavern. As he swam through it the cavern looked homey. There was furniture everywhere. He eventually stopped in area that was surrounded by books and in the center there was a cauldron. An eldery merman was looking through a book.

"Master," said the turtle. "He went back to the surface."

"Oh ho!" the merman laughed with glee. He closed the book and turned to the turtle. "Wayzz, did he interact with the princess?"

"Indirectly."

"Shoot," he rubbed his chain. "I was hoping they would talk today."

"Should we try something else? He may be afraid to break the law."

"Hmm." the merman rubbed his chin. He then snapped his fingers. "I've got it!" he swam over to a cabnet and opened the door. He pulled out an old box.

"Master, are you going to give him a miraculous?" Wayzz asked. He knew what was in the box. He swam over to him.

"Yes, but first I need to test him." he opened the box and pulled out a ring. He looked at the turtle.

"How are we going to do that?"

The elderly merman smiled. "You'll see. Come on." he put the ring away and the both of them left the cavern.

Love  Chat De Lune's Forum Wife  Love   Cool Miakemi's RL BBF Cool
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2364

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Mermaid    Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:11 pm

The sea was quiet as Adrien swam towards Atlantis. Odd. Usually, there'd be at least one school of fish hanging about. Well, the ocean was vast. Maybe they moved to different waters. Or a fishing boat came by recently. His mind wandered as he thought about all the trivial reasons the ocean might be quiet. It was something to do to pass the time.

He was probably halfway back to Atlantis when the quiet was broken with the sounds of an attack. He would have ignored it (stronger animals attached and ate weaker animals all the time), but the one calling for help was one of his people. He swam quickly towards the attack to see an older merman trying to escape a shark that was quickly gaining on him. 

Adrien rushed towards them; not sure what he was going to do but unable to let one of his people get killed. He shoved the merman out of the way and dodged the shark. "Get out of here. I'll hold it off," he said while facing away from the old man. His eyes were on the shark.

The shark turned around to come back at them. "Move child," the shark hissed.

Adrien glared at the shark, "Go find some fish instead."

They stared at each other for a moment before the shark charged. "I'll just have you instead," it said. Adrien's eyes widened and he quickly turned and swam away. The shark gave chase, and he had to dive down and weave through beds of kelp and rocks as he tried to lose it. 

His eyes caught sight of a rock hidden in the kelp up ahead, and he smiled as a plan came to him. Adrien sped up as quickly as he could, heading straight for the hidden rock. He could hear the shark behind him, trying to keep up. Perfect. He shot upward at the last minute and smiled as he hear a loud thud below.  Looking down, he saw the shark was having trouble recovering.

Adrien quickly exited the kelp beds and found the old man again. "We need to get out of here before the shark comes back," he said while leading the man away from the area.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Mermaid    Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:37 pm

The elderly merman held back a smirk, when Adrien saved him. He past the test. He saved another stranger which meant he definitely had a pure heart. They stopped swimming, when they far away from the shark.

"Thank you so much," the elderly merman said. "Please come with me! You deserve an award. We're actually by my home." He motioned Adrien to follow him.

Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Mermaid    Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:44 pm

"Oh, no, it's okay. I don't need a reward. I couldn't let that shark get you," Adrien said as he followed the old merman. He was curious what exactly he had in mind even if he wasn't going to take it. He didn't save the elder for recognition. Plus, he doubted the merman had anything he would be interested in.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Mermaid    Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:55 pm

"But of course you do!" the old merman insisted. They swam all the way into the room with the books in and the cauldron. "My name is Fu by the way and is this my friend Wayzz." The turtle came out from behind Fu. He bowed his head. Fu just smiled at Adrien. "And I know who you are." He turned around and pulled that box out of the cabinet. He opened it and pulled out a ring and placed it into a smaller box. He turned around and put it in Adrien's hand. "This my friend, holds a magical ring. Only those with a pure heart can wear it. Normally it gives its users magical powers, but your case is different. Last night I saw you save a human girl and Wayzz told me you saw her again today. If you want you can use this ring to make yourself human."

Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Mermaid    Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:32 pm

Adrien's eyes widened as he stared at the box, suddenly intrigued.  Contrary to his previous thought, this ring was exactly what he wanted.  Not only that, this old merman was going to give it to him.

"I couldn't possibly..." He began to protest while simultaneously reaching for the box.  He looked it over once the merman placed it in his hand.  It was small and ornate, and it almost seemed like something that shouldn't even be found underwater.

"Are you sure I can have something this valuable?" He asked, looking back to the elder.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Mermaid    Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:12 pm

"Yes," Fu replied. "It is yours to keep. You earned it. Now just to warn you the powers are limited. You can only be human for a day then it has to recharge for 12 hours. The ring will beep when there's five minutes left. So you better make sure you are in a secure area. Don't want to be in the middle of the Mer king's town and turn back into a merman. Any questions?"

Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Mermaid    Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:30 pm

Adrien nodded enthusiastically.  "Thank you, both!  I'll be sure to put it to good use."  He tried to think of some questions to ask, but he was too excited with the idea of actually being able to interact with the human world.  There was so much to discover!

"I need to get home before I'm missed.  I'll come back here if I need any help," he said before bowing his head and exiting the cave.  

He made it home an hour after lunch and had to make up the study time into the later hours of the night to keep his father happy.  He would have to open the box tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Mermaid    Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:08 pm

Fu smiled and waved goodbye. After he left, he turned to Wayzz. "We should keep an eye on him. Just in case."

Wayzz nodded his head. "What about the girl?"

"Hmm we'll wait and see with her."

The next morning Marinette woke up. She got up and pulled on her bathing suit and put a T-shirt and jeans shorts over it. Marinette slipped on her flipflops and went downstairs for breakfast. She greeted her father and took her seat. The moment she grabbed some toast her father cleared his throat.

"Why were you out yesterday? You're grounded." he asked her.

"Because grounding me from swimming in the ocean is silly," she replied. She was going to be honest.

"We've talked about this."

"Yes and for the hundredth time the ocean is just as dangerous as the land."

"Marinette.."

She just shook her head. "You can never stop me, Papa. Mom would want me to swim in the ocean."

Her father went back to his breakfast and started to read the newspaper. That got him to shut up.

Marinette felt bad for using her mother, but it was the truth. He needed to stop babying her. Last year she was finally able to leave the palace on her own (her sneaking out finally got to him). She was determined to break the ocean was dangerous. After Marinette finished her breakfast, she headed into town.

Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Mermaid    Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:49 pm

The next morning was quiet in the palace. It was the merfolk equivalent of a weekend, and thankfully even Adrien was given time to himself. A perfect day to try the ring Fu had given him. Thinking about it now, the entire thing was kind of strange. Fu had said he knew who Adrien was and had known the he saved Marinette from drowning. Was the old man stalking him? The shark was a test... Did the old merman actually put his life on the line just because he believed Adrien would save him?

Adrien stared at the box, wondering if he should be suspicious. Magical artifacts weren't usually something people just had lying around.  But still, Fu seemed nice enough, and this was his chance to go to the surface and actually learn about the people there. Screw it. He was going to do it and if he made a fool of himself, so be it. He opened the box and reached for the ring when a small burst of green magic appeared.

Adrien dropped the box and swam back a few feet in surprise as the box and the ring slowly sank to the floor. In front of him was a very strange looking creature that was small enough to sit in the palm of his hand. It was a sleek black with pointed ears and rounded paws. Its body merged into a mermaid-like tail. Adrien wasn't sure what to do so he gave it a small, confused wave. "Uh... Hi...?"

The creature stared at him a moment before its eyes filled with exasperation. "A merman? You gotta be kidding. That old man gave the cat miraculous to a merman. Now I have to be a mercat or something.."

"Uh... Catfish?" Adrien supplied, trying to be helpful.

The creature looked even more unamused than before.  "At least tell me you have cheese down here."

"We have something called cheese. I don't know if that's what you're thinking..."

"This is just great... Water, fish tail, and no Camembert. And I have to spend a lifetime with this naive looking kid too," he continued to complain.

"Hey..." Adrien murmured.  He was not naive. At least he didn't think so... "I'll just go get that cheese..." He bent down and took the ring from the box (just in case this weird creature wanted to take it from him) and left the room.

When he returned, he found the cat-thing floating around the room while getting used to its tail. "I, uh, brought what you wanted. Can you tell me what your name is?"

"Plagg," he said as he swam over and took the cheese from Adrien. He took a bite and wrinkled his nose. "Nowhere near what I'm used to. I guess it'll do if there's nothing else. Only because I need the food for power. Who are you, anyway?"

"Adrien. Can you tell me what exactly you are?"

Plagg nodded, looking bored, "I'm a kwami. A magical creature that merges with the miraculous to give its owner power. Mine is the power of destruction."

"That's cool... Fu said you could turn me into a human." Adrien couldn't really see where the power of destruction was going to help him here. Maybe the old merman had made a mistake. 

Plagg paused, "A human? So Fu wants me to babysit a merman that wants to be human? There aren't any wars or evildoers or anything right now?"

"Nope. The merpeople have been at peace with the humans for many years. Most of them don't even knew we exist."

Plagg shook his head, rolling his eyes for the extra effect. This kwami was either a brat or a drama queen. Adrien wasn't sure which. Plagg sighed, "Well, I can make you human, but you really won't have any powers. Not to mention the transformation phrase won't make sense."

Adrien blinked. "Transformation phrase?"

"Yeah. I'll tell you when we get to land. I'm worried you'd be dumb enough to say it down here and drown," he said with a laugh.  

Adrien narrowed his eyes, not sure he liked this creature, but he nodded. "Alright. Let's go now."

They reached the land quickly with Adrien rushing eagerly to try his new power. It was only at Plagg's suggestion that he found a nice little hidden cove where he could pull himself on land first. Apparently, his clothes (whatever that meant) would get wet if he changed in the water. Also, more importantly, he'd probably drown without his tail since he didn't know how to use human legs.

"Okay, before I tell you, you need to know some human basics. Walking is the most important thing. Have you seen humans walk?"

Adrien nodded, "When they're upright on two... legs is what you call them, right?"

"Yes. You'll need to find your balance on your feet before you can walk. Then you just put one foot in front of the other. Oh, and bend your knees or you'll look weirdly stiff. I recommend using something as a support while you practice."

Adrien nodded. The kwami was actually being really helpful. "So, what's your transformation phrase," he asked. 

"It's Plagg, claws out. But I wouldn't until..."

"Plagg, claws out!" Adrien yelled, ignoring his protests. Walking was the most important thing. He'd probably be fine. Plagg was pulled into the ring, and he felt powerful magic wash over him. And then, in an instant, the transformation was over, and he was sitting on the rock with strange fabric and two limbs in the place of his tail.

He looked down at his legs, unsure what to do with them. If he thought about it like moving his tail... Both legs moved together. Thinking about moving the tail tip helped him gain control of the end of the limbs. Now how to make them move independently of each other?  It shouldn't be too hard. He could use his arms freely.

It took him a little while to figure it out and a little longer to get himself standing. Walking took hours to master to the point he didn't think he looked weird. Hopefully, he was right. He exited the cave on still somewhat shaky legs and headed to the town.

The town was bustling with people at this time of day. Adrien stared in awe as humans of all sizes walked down the sides of what looked like a large, continuous black rock with small stripes of color.  How strange they avoided the rock itself except for the occasional crossing. He walked over to and and leaned down to touch it. It was hot in the midday sun. He wandered a little farther onto it, trying to get a sense of what was so important about it that the humans would mostly stay off of it.

A loud, screeching sound pierced the air and he looked up just in time to see a large... thing (for lack of a better word) barreling towards him.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Mermaid    Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:13 am

Marinette was sitting in Alya's room. She was laying on the bed while Alya was on her computer. She was updating her mermaid blog.

"So what did your grandpa say?" Marinette asked.

"He's positive that you were rescue by one. The fact that you were able to be face to face one is rare. He said they're normally cautious around humans."

"And how do we find him?"

"He said we just have to wait that's how he got those pictures. They hang around the shore, when there are no humans around. So I think our best option is to have a little stakeout while being hidden."

Marinette sat up. "Alya, I'm not sure about all of this. Part of me believes it was a merman, but the other part doesn't."

"Girl," Alya turned around in her chair to face her friend. "There is no reason to doubt. You were alone on the beach that night and then out of no where a boy saved you from drowning?"

"Someone could have came on the beach while I was swimming."

"But it was dark out even with the moon how could a human be able to see you and swim through a strong current?"

"That is true. Alright shall we go to the beach?"

"Yep!" Alya log off her computer. "But first let's go to the hardware store. We need to make something to hide ourselves."

"Alright."

The two girls headed into town and went into the hardware store. They were able to find some tarps that would blend into some rocks. Marinette wondered if a mermaid would be able to spot their camo tarp. They also got some stakes and rope. Alya put all their things into a bookbag she brought. They left the store and along the way they stopped at a fruit stand to bring some snacks with them. As they were looking at the fruit Marinette heard a loud screeching noise. She turned and saw that a boy was about to be hit by a car! Without thinking she ran into the street and pushed him out of the way. They landed on the opposite of the street. The car sped off quickly.

Marinette was on top of him. She sat up slightly. "You need to be more careful!" she scolded him. The boy opened his eyes and looked up at her. Marinette gasped. Those eyes. "It's you!"

Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Mermaid    Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:50 am

Adrien thought his very short-lived time as a human was over when he was pushed out of the way and fell to the ground, his savior on top of him. He flinched as she scolded him.  Her voice sounded familiar... He decided to open his eyes to get a good look at her.

"Sorry. I didn't realize... Mar... uh.. I know you?"  He had to stop himself from saying her name. He shouldn't even know her name before she introduced herself.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Mermaid    Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:54 am

"You saved me from drowning," Marinette replied with a frown. She hoped that he was the boy. They have the same eyes. She stood up and helped him up.

Alya came running over. She was curious. Why didn't he try to run? "You guys okay?"

Marinette looked at her. "Yeah I think so."

Back to top Go down
Miakemi
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Mermaid    Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:01 am

Adrien smiled. So she did remember the brief glance she got of him. He had been too shocked to see her the moment before. "You're right. It was a little dark that night, so I needed a moment to recognize you."

Alya came over a moment later, asking if they were okay. "Yeah," he answered after Marinette, "Just a little shaken. I need to be more observant.."
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Mermaid    Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:07 am

Marinette's eyes lit up, when he said he remembered her. "Thank for saving me! I wanted to repay you, but I guess we're even now." she laughed slightly.

Alya looked him over. She didn't look amused. He didn't look like a strong swimmer.  His legs look too skinny. "I'm Alya. It's nice to meet you."

Marinette smiled at the boy. "So what's your name?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miraculous Mermaid    

Back to top Go down

Miraculous Mermaid

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next