Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!)   Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2016 8:05 pm

Well to be fair Maya wasn't given much screen time until the final part of the episode. We shall see how things go in Samurai. God I love that case. I really hope we see more of Nick's sarcastic personality in the next episode. We really need it.

*Shrugs* I'm enjoying this anime for what it is. I never had high expectations going in and I feel sorry for the people that did. They are giving us a fairly close adaptation. It's not prefect, but they are cutting things that need to be cut. Like the Bellboy. We really didn't his testimony. The anime still fill his roll. I bet most of the people who are bitching are the ones who bitch about filler in anime. Because anime fans in general are hypocrites.

After watching Sailor Moon Crystal, Ace Attorney's animations doesn't bother me. At least people's anatomy looks right for the most part. Someone pointed that the Judge had a baby hand and Edgeworth had a yaoi hand. xD

And that CG is god awful, but I will take over Crystal's CG transformations any day. It baffles me to this day people liked those transformations. But whatever floats their boats.

The best part of the episode was Mia throwing the list at White. My god I loved that she scared the confession out of him. Also the Judge blushing at Mia. That was too funny.

I can't wait to see Oldbag. <3 <3

oh! They fixed the opening in this episode. They fixed the running cycles (which I really didn't notice even after watching a comparison video) and they added colors to the water that Nick and Edgy stand on.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!)   Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 3:15 pm

So Turnabout Samurai begins today and WOW was it rushed. We didn't even get to hear Penny's voice. And the kid's scrapbook of pictures wasn't supposed to come into play until way later, given to Mia by him. I guess this means no exchanging trading cards with him.

Weird that they expanded the TV show part so much, but then trimmed 90% of the investigation. Meh. I don't care about the Steel Samurai either way, but the moonlit clash between hero and villain was presented better in the game.

And we finally see Maya eating something, which I can't even tell what it is, but it's neither burgers nor ramen. Since one of the fansubs for the anime is using localized game names, there's been a lot of jokes about the changes of things like Maya's favorite food, so people were waiting to see her eating.

And the much waited Oldbag arrives. Her huge lips kinda disturb me. XD

And while I don't think it DOESN'T work, per say, I do think her super fast rambling works better in the games. You're just reading her text and then suddenly it starts speeding up, and you instinctively find yourself scrambling to read what's scrolling off-screen faster and faster. Whereas with the anime you can figure out what she's saying without missing anything.

And wow, they actually have animated people in the gallery! What a surprise. The animation is still kind of bleh, but not as horrendous as last week.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!)   Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 7:40 pm

I haven't watched it.

I read on subreddit for AA that 13 episodes will cover the first game. I guess we won't get Rise to Ashes. No Ema. :/
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!)   Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 7:50 pm

Mew Ami wrote:
I read on subreddit for AA that 13 episodes will cover the first game. I guess we won't get Rise to Ashes. No Ema. :/

I think you mean it'll cover the first TWO games. We're five episodes in and we're already halfway through Turnabout Samurai. With how rushed the pacing is, I doubt it would take eight episodes just to cover the rest and Turnabout Goodbyes.

Considering they already have Edgeworth with the King of Prosecutors trophy I'm guessing yea, they're cutting Rise From the Ashes. Considering that, I'm assuming they're not gonna do AJ or the Investigations games, since those games acknowledge RFTA and have characters like Ema. At least if they do cut it, I won't have to see my least favorite character, Mike Meekins. XD

12-13 episode anime will always be the death of pacing in any anime that tries to actually have a plot. It's just too small, even shows like Legend of Korra couldn't tell what they needed to in 12 episodes. It's just a shame that's all there is for anything that's not a long running shounen or Precure.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!)   Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 7:52 pm

Yes it will cover the first two. 13 episodes for AA and 13 episodes for JFA.

Post on Reddit
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!)   Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2016 6:14 pm

Well it looks like they cut this case down to two trials instead of three. Lots of stuff hasn't been accounted for yet.

-The sleeping pills used to drug Powers.
-The photo from five years ago and the "dirt" on Hammer.
-The trading card subplot with Penny seems to have been removed entirely.
-The existence of Studio 2 and the fallen monkey head were only revealed just this episode.
-Cody gets questioned during the investigation and Mia doesn't appear.
-Gumshoe doesn't take Cody in for questioning.
-The incinerator and the van were never shown.

So I guess he's not going to be a witness next week. As long as Sal isn't going to be either, I'm glad. His voice is exactly as annoying as I thought it would be.

Then again, I kinda figured we were in for a lot of changes when the photo book was dropped instead of the trading card.

I liked how they handled the scene with Cody, having Phoenix be much more compassionate than he was in the games.

But of course, for every good thing, they had to do one thing wrong. Gumshoe's big moment where he barges in just as Phoenix and Maya are about to get "erased" but the goon squad was just so... blah. So I guess they're leaving the truth about five years ago for the trial next episode.

Oh well, guess next week will be the end of this case and onto Turnabout Goodbyes.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!)   Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 EmptySun May 29, 2016 4:05 pm

Well this anime is continuing to be a disappointment. Really at this point I'm just continuing to watch because Pearl is due to appear soon.

We're entering at Turnabout Goodbyes now and considering there's supposed to be about... six episodes dedicated to it, it's amazing how rushed it is already. Not a fan of Von Karma's voice, and the way they draw him in the anime looks... off. Like he constantly has his eyes open as wide as possible to get his eyebrows that high up.

Maya going from depressed over feeling worthless to cheerful and cutesy happens so quickly. They didn't even have to look for Gourdy, it just sort of... happened.

And then finally, the episode ends on a cliffhanger, showing the inside of the boat shop before Phoenix and Maya even meet the old man. It's made clear that he's pretty normal and competent, and tries to stop Polly from spouting "Remember, DL-6!"

I guess it's a means to the same goal, but it was so much more of a "Wait... WHAT?" moment when we meet the goofy and seemingly harmless old man, and then suddenly his parrot starts talking about DL-6. Having that revealed before we even get to see his facade persona kinda ruins the impact.

Also, we didn't get to see or hear about how touched Edgeworth was with Maya's outburst. It seemed a lot less meaningful in the anime adaptation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!)   Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ace Attorney Anime (OBJECTION!)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2