Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Full House Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Full House Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Full House Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Full House Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Full House Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Full House Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Full House Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Full House Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Full House Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Full House Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Full House

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

Full House Empty
PostSubject: Full House   Full House EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 12:14 am

It's time to talk about old Sitcoms.

I know this show is highly ridiculed, but not only is it something I really liked as a kid, I still enjoy watching episodes when the show airs. I've seen so many modern sitcoms with the dysfunctional family angle where the family acts like jerks to each other and only learn to be slightly less jerks, the son is a pervert or a loser, the daughter is either an airhead or incredibly trampy, same old tired cliches. It's gotten to the point where it's actually refreshing to see a sitcom starring a family that's actually healthy.

Admittedly I do have my gripes about Full House. As a guy I don't really understand the problems of a teenage girl, so I always though D.J.'s problems were a bit overblown. The "confused teenage girl" angle never meshed with me and I always found myself feeling more toward Stephanie and her problems (like the episode with the earthquake).

It's kind of sad knowing what Bob Saget is really like, and what he thinks of the character he played. Aside from being a little neurotic about cleaning, I always liked the character of Danny Tanner, an honest, loving father. I'll take squeaky clean over trying too hard to be offensive.

And like so many things in life, the show is coming back as a netflix exclusive sitcom.

Nostalgic settings abound. According to wikipedia the majority of the cast will reprise their roles, with only the Olsen Twins being absent. Were they still kids I would be celebrating, but I wouldn't mind seeing what an older, more mature Michelle Tanner would be like.

One of the big issues Full House had was its conversion from a show about parents raising three kids, to being about the kids themselves, so having these big name stars be the parents could entice the producers to keep the focus on them.

And according to Wikipedia, the entire premise reflects the TV show. D.J. asks her sister and best friend to move in with her to help raise her kids when her husband dies. Yikes. It was her mom in the first show, now her spouse.

It's going to premier on Netflix February 26, 2016.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

Full House Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full House   Full House EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 9:44 am

I loved Full House as a kid, and watched it every night on Nick At Night.

However, I eventually stopped liking the show. I had a friend in my neighborhood who was completely and utterly obsessed with this show. I mean, seriously obsessed. He had crushes on D.J. and Stephanie, and had a CD with all of the songs from the show on it that he would play every time I was over. It got to the point where I just grew to hate the show, and now, every time I hear the theme song, I cringe a little. Laugh

It's a shame really, because it was one of my favorite shows. It was really sweet, and since I was a young girl at the time, I could relate to the kids' problems.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Full House Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full House   Full House EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 8:23 pm

Ah Nick@Nite. I was probably one of the few kids that watched that program on Nickelodeon. I watched Facts of Life, Different Stokes, Three's Company (probably shouldn't been watching that when I think about it), The Brandy Bunch, and many more! Oh and this show of course! I remember not liking it at first, but it eventually grew on me. Now it's not the greatest sitcom, but it's a decent show. It did what it was suppose to do. Be super cheesy and light hearted. 

I find it strange that they're bringing it back. Were people demanding this? Also I feel bad for DJ that she has to go through what her dad went through. I feel like they could have done something else.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Full House Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full House   Full House Empty

Back to top Go down

Full House

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1