Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Harry Potter Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Harry Potter Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Harry Potter Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Harry Potter Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Harry Potter Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Harry Potter Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Harry Potter Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Harry Potter Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Harry Potter Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Harry Potter Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Harry Potter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Harry Potter   Harry Potter EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 8:16 pm

Why don't we have a topic for this series yet?  shake bunny

God I love Harry Potter! I've been reading it since grade school! At first I thought it was stupid, but the first movie got me into it. Around that time the first four books were out. My favorite book is the second. A few years ago I read the series from start to finish for the first time. It was great to see how my opinions I have changed over the years. 

Today!! I got this!!

Harry Potter 9780545790352_default_pdp

The books are being illustrated now!! I found it in a book store today and the clerk told me the second one will be coming out next November. I had to get it! The pictures are so pretty. I am planning to get the whole series.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 8:39 pm

I've loved Harry Potter since I was in first grade! It was my first ever fandom!

I started to lose interest in the series when the last book came out, though. I was spoiled by some jerk on YouTube about a week before it was released, so it really sucked the fun out of reading it. And I was also just unhappy with the outcome... There were way too many deaths, and I did NOT like what was revealed about Snape. Snape was the biggest reason I disliked it, actually. I'm not even going to lie, I shipped him with my Mary Sue OC, and when the big reveal happened, it tore my entire fanfiction apart! Laugh Laugh Laugh I was twelve years old. What a strange child I was...

Anyway, my favorite book in the series is Order of the Phoenix, and I really have no clue why. Maybe it was because Snape and Sirius both played heavy roles in that book, and those are my favorite characters? That's the only reason I can think of, because the rest of the book was pretty miserable, what with Harry having PTSD, and Umbridge...being Umbridge. But my copy is completely battered, missing its book jacket, the hardback cover is frayed on the edges, the pages are stained and worn... I really love that book.

And as for the movies... I don't watch the movies. I saw the first three as a kid, but stopped following them. I'm one of those snobby book elitists, hahaha. I am kind of interested in that Fantastic Beasts movie that was announced a while back, since there isn't really a book equivalent. I'm not really a movie person, though. I have trouble watching a single episode of an anime, let alone an entire movie.  Mad
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 1:40 am

I'm excited for the new movie! It will be great to see a new Harry Potter movie.

As for the movie themselves. I'm not big fan of them. The only two movies I love are the first two. They're pretty spot on with how things happen in the books. I know the second movie cut out the Headless Nick's party, but that's okay.  The third movie killed it for me. I hated how everything changed. The set and how things were out of order. Harry got the Fireblot at the end! WTF!! Never finished the fourth movie. I saw the fifth. It was better than the last two. Didn't see the sixth movie and the seventh movie part 1. I went and saw part 2. lol It was okay? At that time I barely remember the 7th book because I only read it once.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Civilian
Sailor Zelda
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 93

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter EmptySat Nov 28, 2015 7:33 pm

Ah yes,  Harry Potter. Unlike most people, it WAS NOT, in fact my first fandom. (That honor goes to Star Wars and Disney.) It wasn't even the first major book series I read (Perck Jackson was that one). I still love it though. I didn't get to read it until last January of this year, because of religious/family reasons. 
My favorite book is either Prisoner of Azkaban or Goblet of Fire. Favorite character (besides Harry) is Luna Lovegood.
Back to top Go down
saturn
Magical Girl
saturn
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 9108

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 9:33 pm

Sailor Zelda wrote:
Ah yes,  Harry Potter. Unlike most people, it WAS NOT, in fact my first fandom. (That honor goes to Star Wars and Disney.) It wasn't even the first major book series I read (Perck Jackson was that one). I still love it though. I didn't get to read it until last January of this year, because of religious/family reasons. 
My favorite book is either Prisoner of Azkaban or Goblet of Fire. Favorite character (besides Harry) is Luna Lovegood.

I started with Star Wars and Disney as well. I thought Prisoner of Azkaban was brilliant
Back to top Go down
http://thesolsticequeen.tumblr.com/
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 11:35 pm

LOL my first fandoms were probably Avatar and Tokyo Mew Mew. But back in my day fandom wasn't a word yet. =P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Harry Potter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter   Harry Potter Empty

Back to top Go down

Harry Potter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magical Girl Cafe  :: Cafe Magical :: Tea Time :: Novels and Comics-