Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

The Worst MG Fandoms?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Worst MG Fandoms?   The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 4:37 pm

Yeah generally most people are nice on Tumblr just those confession blogs bring out the worst of the fandoms. Some confessions I'm like what are you even talking about?
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
sailorpandabear
Love Interest
sailorpandabear
Love Interest

Coffee Beans : 259

PostSubject: Re: The Worst MG Fandoms?   The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 7:08 am

yeah, there was a confession where the person was like saying: people are not real fans if they hate blah blah versions of( insert name of anime here) and then there was the skin issue of sailor pluto...

conclusion: people are super strange.
Back to top Go down
CherryChan
Civilian
CherryChan
Civilian

Coffee Beans : 62

PostSubject: Re: The Worst MG Fandoms?   The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:34 am

My ranking of MG fandoms to in order of nastiness is:

1. Steven Universe (due to what happened with Zamii on Tumblr)
2. Sailor Moon (elitists, manga/anime purists, radfems, The Ship Police™.....the list goes on)
3. Pretty Cure (Same problems as SM fandom)
4. Princess Tutu (A lot of the fans like to diss Madoka for being more successful than their series)
5. Tokyo Mew Mew (The less nasty version of the SM fandom. Not as many radfems, but there are still plenty of The Ship Police™)

The Madoka fandom is the friendliest fandom i have ever been in. Sure, there are a slew of Homura Apologists and Sayaka/Hitomi/Kyousuke haters but there aren't a lot of Ship Police™ unless you count the KyoSaya fans who try to forbid people from liking Sayasuke. Plus, there aren't any radfems due to them seeing the series as moe bait.

Last edited by CherryChan on Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://harlequin-doll.tumblr.com
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

PostSubject: Re: The Worst MG Fandoms?   The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:36 am

Yeah, I gotta agree with you about the SU fandom... They're a scary bunch, and a large part of the reason why I'm just not interested in the show. Don't get me wrong, there are other reasons, but... That fandom scares me. I literally one time saw someone saying that you can't have Peridot as your favorite character if you're not short. What the hell?
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
CherryChan
Civilian
CherryChan
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: The Worst MG Fandoms?   The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 10:40 am

Then they started hating on the Crewniverse for defending Zamii....and then they decided to wage war on Bronies and Uncle Grandpa....Garnet is suddenly "coded" black just 'cause she has big hair and big thighs......the SU fandom is disgusting and like you, it also makes me turn away from the show.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Worst MG Fandoms?   The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:16 am

Is the TMM fandom still that bad? It was when I was like in high school which was so long ago. I hate to admit I was crazy shipper. I'm not like that anymore.
Back to top Go down
CherryChan
Civilian
CherryChan
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: The Worst MG Fandoms?   The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 11:23 am

My experience with the Tokyo Mew Mew fandom has mostly been on Tumblr, where i was quite surprised that a lot of the fandom also ships Kishigo. However, there are the obligatory anti shipper Ship Police who want to tear my OTP to pieces. They usually lurk on confessions blogs such as MagicalGirlFanProblems. Either their SJW who want to get mad at something or rabid Masaya x Ichigo shippers who hate Kisshu for existing.

We were all crazy shippers once. I remember is used to run a Pinecest blog on Tumblr but after getting attacked by so many people who were basically accusing me of being a pedophile and/or incest apologist, i realized it wasn't worth it and closed the blog. And before THAT, i was insane over shipping and was one of those people who hated characters who got in the way of my ships. Thankfully, i grew out of that mindset  bunnypokerface

It's funny how i always like the "bad problematic ships" and tend to have a crush on one of the characters in the ship.

Last edited by CherryChan on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Worst MG Fandoms?   The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 12:48 pm

It hasn't changed a bit. Kishxichigo has always been a popular ship lol
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

PostSubject: Re: The Worst MG Fandoms?   The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 7:55 pm

Yeah... SJWs are bad for the ship hate. I ship MadoHomu, and that pairing gets a lot of hate for God only knows why. It's apparently abusive? I don't see how, but whatever. I remember also one time hearing that people who ship Chibiusa/Hotaru are perverted because they're both young... But somehow, shipping Chibiusa with a 1000 year old horse ISN'T perverted? WTF.
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Worst MG Fandoms?   The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2016 8:14 pm

...I thought MadoHomu would be the biggest OTP for that series XD
Back to top Go down
CherryChan
Civilian
CherryChan
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: The Worst MG Fandoms?   The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 12:18 am

There's an argument against MadoHomu that since Homura destroyed Madokami's entire universe and keeps her locked away from her true potential in the post Rebellion universe.

To quote from the PMMM Wiki: Some viewers that noticed that Homura shows several traits of emotional abuse towards Madoka throughout the series. She intimidates Madoka, with Madoka often looking uncomfortable or fearful around her (multiple times, notably once in episode 1), belittles her by calling her a fool or idiot at various points (and telling her she "won't hold back against a fool" at one point in episode 6) and doesn't treat her as an equal, tells her not to ever change herself (episode 1; see quote at the top of the section) and to give up on or forget about her friends (episodes 5 and 7 regarding Sayaka), controls her decisions regardless of Madoka's wants or feelings, and especially without her explicit consent (several points in the anime, Rebellion's ending), follows or stalks her repeatedly (Madoka MagicaThe Different Story — notice how she is almost always in time to stop Madoka making a contract or to save her from harm), has shown to be capable of doing extreme things in the name of Madoka's sake (attempting to kill Sayaka in episode 8), is capable of throwing other's lives away for Madoka's sake (again, Sayaka; Oriko Magica has a scene where Madoka acknowledges this), constantly withholds highly important information from Madoka (such as important info regarding magical girls, Kyubey, or Sayaka's situation), and tries to drive others away from Madoka/Madoka away from others if she perceives them as a threat to her safety (Mami and Sayaka). As well as this, in Rebellion, as this tumblr post points out: Homura alters Madoka's memories and takes away her powers, places herself in a position of influence over Madoka by making Madoka into her shyer pre-series self (who may in fact be even shyer than that) and into a new transfer student, and appears to even sever all her previous friendships, especially from Sayaka, who was previously Madoka's childhood and best friend.

So i guess it's abusive and toxic? I don't really know, make of this what you will
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Worst MG Fandoms?   The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 12:24 am

I can see how this a turn off to people. She's more like a stalker than anything else. I really don't have a opinion because I couldn't get into this series.
Back to top Go down
CherryChan
Civilian
CherryChan
Civilian

PostSubject: Re: The Worst MG Fandoms?   The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2016 1:29 am

magical-pudding wrote:
Yeah... SJWs are bad for the ship hate. I ship MadoHomu, and that pairing gets a lot of hate for God only knows why. It's apparently abusive? I don't see how, but whatever. I remember also one time hearing that people who ship Chibiusa/Hotaru are perverted because they're both young... But somehow, shipping Chibiusa with a 1000 year old horse ISN'T perverted? WTF.
Their hypocrites. They bash ships like Usagi/Demande because it's "normalizing rape culture and endorsing pedophilia" (????) but then completely ignore other ships that are almost exactly the same (example: Peter White x Alice Lidelle from the HNKNA series).
Back to top Go down
Sakuranbo
Best Friend

Best Friend

Coffee Beans : 142

PostSubject: Re: The Worst MG Fandoms?   The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2019 5:52 pm

The worst Magical Girl fandom that has always been so horrible in my honest opinion would be the Winx Club fandom because that fandom is so toxic and I'm surprised that not a lot of people have talked about how bad the Winx fandom really is in general. Winx Club is one of the few Magical Girl cartoon series that has the worst fandom in existence and every time someone wants to make something that is Winx related such as, Fan art, Fan-made videos, etc, some of the fans always like to be critical towards people who want to show their creativity when it comes to anything Winx related. At least the W.I.T.C.H fandom is more chill than the Winx Club fandom and good thing not everybody from the Winx fandom is toxic because there are some good people in the fandom too which is always a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Worst MG Fandoms?   The Worst MG Fandoms? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Worst MG Fandoms?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Magical Girl Cafe  :: Magical Chat :: Magical Girl Discussion-