Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Empty
PostSubject: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer   Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 8:32 pm

I'm making a new thread for this because it's a spinoff game, and is honestly very different from the main series. Nyaa

Has anyone here gotten ACHHD yet? It came out a few days ago in North America, and is coming out on Friday in Europe and Australia. (Of course, Japan's had it for a few months now...) 

I got it the day after it was released, and I've been playing it a lot! Like I said up there, it's very different from main series AC games... There's no fishing, no bug catching, and no Bells! The game focuses entirely on designing houses for villagers. I always loved building houses in New Leaf, so this game is perfect for me.

The game does have some flaws, though... Mainly the use of Amiibo cards. Those things are stupidly expensive right now, since they're in such high demand... I bought a six pack today on Amazon, and even though I used a $5 gift card, I still had to spend $6.94! Sick I don't really care about the villager cards since you can build a house for every villager in the game if you play long enough, but Amiibo cards are the only way you can build a house for the NPCs. (As a side note, every copy of the game comes with a free NPC Amiibo card. I got Sable.)

But enough about that! One of my favorite parts of the game is building facilities. You get to design the entire Main Street area (it actually looks more like the city from City Folk!) and build facilities that the villagers will actually use! It is beyond cute, and the dialogue you get in these facilities is golden. I've built all of mine now, so if anyone here with the game wants to see them, here are the codes! I did all of my buildings with a pastel cutesy theme.

Kindergarten: 0597-7725-408

Children’s Hospital: 0808-7722-461

Flower Tea Shop: 0009-7725-460

Bakery: 0102-7725-480

Toy Store: 0105-7725-450

Fancy Seafood Restaurant: 0797-7725-388 
Office: 0794-7721-410

Hotel: 0306-7722-431

Department Store: 0907-7722-441

Karaoke Parlor: 0599-7721-390

If anyone here has any codes to share, I will totally check them out! Dazzle
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer   Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 10:14 pm

I've been wanting to get this, but I'm not 100% sold on it. Do you need the ambiio cards? I have the old 3DS. I know I can buy the bundle to get the reader, but I really don't want to spend 50 dollars on a 3DS game..
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer   Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 10:39 pm

I suck so much at designing houses and whatnot in New Leaf. Maybe it's because items are very hard to come by in that one? I mean if I could just select from a list of every item in the game and arrange them as I pleased then maybe, but having to check the shops every day for randomized items, having them customized at Re-Tail and ordering them from the catalog.... I feel like I'd forget what I wanted to do by the time I get all of the pieces.

I do like the character customization feature though.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer   Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 9:22 am

Mew Ami wrote:
I've been wanting to get this, but I'm not 100% sold on it. Do you need the ambiio cards? I have the old 3DS. I know I can buy the bundle to get the reader, but I really don't want to spend 50 dollars on a 3DS game..

You don't need the Amiibo cards, not really. All of the villagers in the game are unlockable if you play long enough -- there's no limit on how many houses you can build, so you can make them all if you want to! 

However, Amiibo cards are the only way you can build houses for the NPCs. They're not necessary to complete the game, and you can play it without them, but they're still really cool to have. I wish there was another way to unlock them...
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer   Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 10:37 am

NPCs? Do you mean like Isabelle?
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer   Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 12:49 pm

Yeah -- special characters. I'm not sure why I used NPC haha.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer   Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 12:59 pm

Lol. It's okay. Then I might get it then. At least the villagers are unlockable. I don't mind unlocking things in video games.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer   Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 1:19 pm

It's more about patience than anything -- each in-game day, four villagers appear in town doing a thinking pose. If you go near them, a thought bubble appears that gives you an idea of what kind of house they want. If you like it, you talk to them and you can make them a house! What villagers show up are random, though since I've seen a lot of the same characters on Tumblr, I think there might be some sort of sequence in which they show up. But if you don't like any of the villagers who appeared, you can just reset -- there are absolutely no penalties for resetting here. wink

Really, the villager cards purpose is to help you get a villager instantly instead of waiting for them to appear. That, and you can scan them while in a villager house and they'll show up to hang out, but it's a pretty pointless feature.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer   Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 1:23 pm

Yes!!!!!!! I can finally reset!!!
Back to top Go down
Beat
Hostess
Beat
Hostess

Coffee Beans : 715

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer   Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 10:31 am

Let me guess, Tom Nook tries to steal everything by telling you to upgrade the house...forcedly. Even if he is a Tanuki, he will not take my soul! 
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer B1d7cf0d0ccf2961d2c98ca376bcea8b2e9c4749

on the other hand...after watching gameplay, looks innovative and fresh as, little to no games have approached building in such a good way, and it isn't boring or stagnant
magical-pudding wrote:
but Amiibo cards are the only way you can build a house for the NPCs.
That must mean, Tom nook, suggested that to Nintendo. A shame but, that's how the cookie crumbles with him...Looks like a good game though, shame that in my country they don't sell it or any amiibo cards.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer   Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 11:41 am

Funnily enough, you don't see Tom much in this game! Even though he's your boss, Lottie is the one that helps you. She explains that it's because Tom is off playing golf... That's his new character trait. Laugh

That is so like him, though... Leaving all of the work to the new recruit while he goes off to play golf....

Last edited by magical-pudding on Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer   Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 9:03 am

Hmm. Well, this game was fun at first, but after playing it for about a week, I got pretty bored with it and stopped playing. After you build all the facilities, you basically beat the game -- there's nothing left to do after that except build more villager houses. It's a fun game if you like to decorate, but after a while, it just gets really repetitive.
Back to top Go down
Beat
Hostess
Beat
Hostess

Coffee Beans : 715

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer   Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 5:53 pm

Yeah, figures(without Tom Nook, pressing you for your soul...) since this game has the "Japan" formula. Japanese only play about 30 minutes every 3 days due to work, we have a lot more of time so we can finish the game freely. But still, it's one of those things you have to erase and start all over, a good game nevertheless.

However...:
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer   Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 6:14 pm

To be honest that's just how Animal Crossing games work. You play for awhile then you get burnt. It doesn't surprise me that happens with this game. I generally take long breaks with AC games. I'm sure you'll get the bug to play this game again.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer   Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer EmptyMon Oct 12, 2015 6:27 pm

Yeah, that's definitely true. Laugh With New Leaf, I can't tell you how many times I've deleted my town and started over... Only to get bored with that town and start over again... Only to get bored of AC altogether and not play for a long time. I still have a few Amiibo cards that I haven't scanned yet, so I'll probably get around to scanning those when I feel like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer   Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer Empty

Back to top Go down

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next