Magical Girl Cafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Girl Cafe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
 Our tumblr
Activity Helpers!
Latest topics
» help regarding old forum
Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:29 am

» Tokyo Mew Mew reboot anime series
Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:54 pm

» Magical Girl Fandom Rivalries
Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 Emptyby Dr.Yuri_Taeko Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:05 pm

» Petite Princess Yucie/Puchi Puri Yuushi
Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm

» Tonde Buurin / Super Pig
Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:52 pm

» Dragon Ball Super VS Sailor Moon Crystal
Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:24 pm

» What are you watching right now?
Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:13 pm

» Otome Games
Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:10 pm

» Anyone Actually Watching Crystal?
Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:13 am

» Sailor Moon Speedy dub
Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 Emptyby Sakuranbo Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:08 am

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:06 pm
Magical Girl Sites

Non Magical Girl Sites
Isafaro

Moco Moco Friends

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 473

Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moco Moco Friends   Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 10:22 am

Hmm... I'm not too sure... When I first got ACNL, it was so fun for me, I played daily from August to January before I finally started to get bored. I was able to pick it up several times again, though. With HHD, I played for about four days before losing interest. It seems really fun until you play it and realize that the game is incredibly shallow. Sick

Either way, though, regarding Moco Moco Friends, I'm sure I'll probably get it eventually. I've been wanting it ever since I first heard of it. I just want to read reviews and make sure it's really worth $40 first. Laugh
Back to top Go down
http://magical-pudding.tumblr.com
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Moco Moco Friends   Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 5:15 pm

I got my copy! Unfortunately I haven't gotten a chance to really play it much 

But so far it seems a little....too easy. Like it's baby girl's 1st rpg so everything it really hand-holdy and explained in frustrating detail at a snails pace. Also Moco our lead is one of those characters who's as dumb as a brick and only thinks of food so her dialogue isn't all that fascinating to me - but hopefully she'll grow on me. Cute as a button though.
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Moco Moco Friends   Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 6:20 pm

So, does the lead have her own, independent dialogue? Or do you at least get to pick through options? Also, is her name always Moco, or do you get to choose a name for her?
Back to top Go down
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl
BunnyBelle
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 698

PostSubject: Re: Moco Moco Friends   Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 6:34 pm

That's the other thing, yeah there's no choosing for what she says or even what her name is. The only thing you get to choose is the attacks when you battle - otherwise you just sitback and watch the story unfold.

I got to the part where you get Scrunchie, your 1st plushkin but you can't nickname her or anything so I dunno if that's ALL the plushkins or what.
Back to top Go down
http://kawaiibunny3.tumblr.com
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Moco Moco Friends   Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Oh, wow... I'm not sure if I would even like that or not. Sitting back and watching the story unfold was one of the biggest things I disliked about Fantasy Life, and having the character speak for me is why I gave up on Rune Factory 4 about an hour after starting it. I prefer to be able to insert my own personality into the protagonist.

And when you say that Scrunchie is your frist Plushkin... Does that mean you don't even get to choose your starter? That does kind of worry me a bit...

Please do tell us more about the story as you get further into the game! Despite how negative I may seem, I am still interested in playing it. But I am glad I waited to learn more about it first.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Moco Moco Friends   Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 6:54 pm

Well, I couldn't stand my curiosity any longer, so I went ahead and got a copy of Moco Moco Friends. Laugh I've just been so bored with all the games I own recently, I needed to get something new. And honestly, even though I may have seemed negative in this thread, I was honestly really excited to play this, even if I was worried.

So far, it's really cute! I was a bit worried about controlling a character who isn't me, but thankfully, I really like Moco. She's just so genki, I find her very entertaining to watch. Those types of leads are usually my favorite in anime. She is pretty stupid, though. Seriously, she makes Usagi Tsukino look smart.

I also really love the auto battle feature! Since I've been playing Pokemon for over ten years now, getting used to a new kind of battle system was a bit strange for me, so I liked watching the game do it to get an idea of how this game works. I don't think I really need it now, since I did a few battles, but it was definitely helpful in the beginning.

I made it up to the part where Moco befriends Scrunchie before I took a break. But I'm looking forward to seeing more of this!
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Moco Moco Friends   Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 4:45 pm

I never did give my final thoughts about this game, did I?

Well, let's just say, I dropped it after less than a week of playing it. I didn't even complete the main story.

I feel kind of stupid for buying this. I was skeptical from the gate, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and bought it anyway because I desperately wanted something new to play. I mean, it's a combination of mahou shoujo and Pokemon! What could possibly go wrong?

My problems with the game were simple: the gameplay was awful, and the characters were obnoxious. And I'm probably going to get really ranty now, so I'm just going to go ahead and put my in-depth thoughts on this under a spoiler tag, hahaha.

A Long Winded Rant About Why I Dislike This Game:

Oh dear God, I ranted forever about that. But it feels good to finally get that off my chest, even though I did so many months later. LOL.
Back to top Go down
RLinksoul
Magical Girl
RLinksoul
Magical Girl

Coffee Beans : 2094

PostSubject: Re: Moco Moco Friends   Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 6:14 pm

That was quite a rant, suitable for a review I'd say.

I'm definitely not regretting my decision to avoid that game. Sad too cause I liked the idea of it. It was always painfully obvious that games targeted toward girls don't get much effort put into them, but I thought this would be the exception, since it looked very Pokemon-like and is more Japanese than your typical "Pets/Babies/Horses" raising game you see on the DS.

Even Pokemon can't make dungeon crawlers interesting for me, as my experience with the first one for the GBA attests, so when I found out it was going to be one of those, I was immediately hesitant as it is.
Back to top Go down
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Moco Moco Friends   Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 6:41 pm

I'm pretty proud of myself. I might copy/paste that rant onto Amazon... Nyaa

Yeah, it's really a shame that girls get the short end of the stick in video games. I was particularly excited about this because it fits my ~*aesthetic*~ so well. Like, magical girls and Pokemon? Those are two of my favorite things. But virtually everything else about the game was terrible, and it had absolutely no redeeming qualities.

Funnily enough, the next new game I attempted after Moco Moco Friends was Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. And I actually did start with Red Rescue Team, because I wanted to try the older versions first before spoiling myself on the cool features of a newer version. I didn't really care for that, either. It just got boring really quickly. Maybe I should've just tried Super Mystery Dungeon first? But at this point, I'm too scared to try. I'm tired of paying full price for new games, just to end up hating them. Moco Moco Friends was probably the worst example of that happening to me.
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Moco Moco Friends   Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 6:45 pm

Oh wow! O.o

I feel bad for you! That's a risk with gaming sadly. Can you sell it back?
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
magical-pudding
Magical Girl
magical-pudding
Magical Girl

PostSubject: Re: Moco Moco Friends   Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 6:58 pm

Sadly, I didn't think to at the time. I put Moco Moco Friends down in December telling myself that I was merely taking a break, and then, five months later, realized that I still haven't touched it, and I probably never will.

I'm going to hold onto the game for a little while longer, though... My boyfriend said that the next time he comes on vacation to visit me, he wants to try playing it. Laugh He says he likes terrible games, LOL. He's in the UK, so I can't exactly send it to him to play himself (stupid region lock!!), so I just have to keep onto it until then. I'm looking forward to seeing him bash his head against the wall every time Kaede says "hebuuuuuun!! hebuuuUUUUUuUUUUUUnnnnn!!".
Back to top Go down
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner
Mew Ami
Cafe Owner

Coffee Beans : 13009

PostSubject: Re: Moco Moco Friends   Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 7:00 pm

Lol!

I really don't get why kids games in general don't have much thought put into them. Kids aren't stupid. When something is shitty, they will know it.
Back to top Go down
https://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moco Moco Friends   Moco Moco Friends - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Moco Moco Friends

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2